A second chance

I would try to worry less. This is something that can be changed I suppose but it's a very hard thought pattern to break. I can remember being younger and telling a relative that they needed to worry less but eventually I came to see what they meant - I can be up late at night worrying about something I did or said years ago.

Picked the horse may mate picked in the last race of the ITV 7 instead of the donkey I picked

No doubt most of us at some time have said “if only I could be young again and know what I know now”. So let’s say you were given the chance to be 18 again and you could do just one thing differently, what would it be?. I guess most of you would do something around making more money, but it could be not starting a relationship or going back and saving one. Maybe it would be a change of career, staying on at school or leaving earlier and travelling. Well, what would you do?
Many moons back, split from the love of my life so passed driving test to go out to States to drive cars for a company from coast to coast allowing me to stop over en route without a care in the world - like a muppet she asked to come back, never the same - 40 years ago and still one of my biggest regrets in life - if something really feels right chaps and your young enough, give it a go.

Definitely take some foreign holidays when I was single. I was so conservative with money back then, although in fairness I did at me up when I started my relationship

I'd think nothing of £200 round trips for a midweek clash v Sheffield Wednesday in the League Cup. Two days off work etc. Now I take far more pleasure in trips around Europe. I can do a Germany weekend and feel better value.

Is there anything particularly wrong with going out with your mates at the weekend until you're about 25? I worked with a sociable crew at CIS in the early 2000's and we'd go straight to the Printworks after knocking off at 5pm on a Friday.

Saturday night was 5th Avenue or 42nd Street. Maybe City during the day if we were at home. It was brilliant. Great gang and nothing but laughter. It was a bonus if you pulled.

I live in London now at 40 and haven't had a night out in the West End in almost two and a half years. I don't want one either.

75 minutes of feeling like you need a nervous shit
I was there and don't want to go through that again

If I had a second chance I'd get myself a proper job, not piss my money away and invest
Back in the 80's, a lad I worked with bought his first house and it was a real sleepless night amount of £18k
Frustrating isn't it mate, you could put £18k on a half right credit card agreement nowadays. He's probably sold that house, and the next, and gone on to a second home abroad, ah well, youth is indeed wasted on the young.
Well, most of them ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.