a secular society by 2030

pauldominic said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Damocles said:
If there's one group of people who should have nothing to contribute on the marriage debate, it is a group of unwed celibate men

If you mean Roman Catholic priests,I can assure you that they are far from celibate.
But if there is one group of hypocrites who should not oppose gay marriage between committed and loving couples who are over the age of consent,it is those who fuck young boys.
I daresay our resident apologist will have nothing whatsoever to say about their 'professionalism'.

Ooh do you mean Jimmy Saville, Father Francis MacNutt, Fred Talbot, My Chemistry Teacher at St Ambrose or the tiny minority of paedophiles who identified the priesthood rather than the BBC for their perversions?

The difference between you and these people is that Mental Health is a client group within your profession.

No - the difference between me and these vermin is that I don't molest kids, and then go to confession where another nonce tells them to light a candle and say a few mea culpas and hail marys and the slate is wiped clean to sanction further abuse.
And the priest doesn't even have to tell the police that a paedophile has just admitted a crime.
Only your idiotic,irrational and homophobic church allows that.
A good friend of mine who suffered from bipolar disorder since childhood took his own life three years ago.
I'm sure it was pure coincidence that he too was abused by a Roman Catholic priest as a young boy.
Is that enough of an example of your fellow catholics ruining the life of someone with mental health issues which they probably caused for you?
You still haven't explained to me just why a church that tolerates paedophile priests is so set against same sex couples over the age of consent being married.
I doubt you ever will,because you never answer anything.

SWP's back said:
pauldominic said:
The difference between you and these people is that Mental Health is a client group within your profession.
I know you confuse easily but do try and stay on topic.

Are you Piers Morgan in disguise?

Unfortunately we're stuck with you in the Uk, but there's hope on the BM front.

Anyway its on topic given the cyber card from NF "Get well soon".

pauldominic said:
SWP's back said:
pauldominic said:

You are clearly mad.

pauldominic said:
If you mean Roman Catholic priests,I can assure you that they are far from celibate.
But if there is one group of hypocrites who should not oppose gay marriage between committed and loving couples who are over the age of consent,it is those who fuck young boys.
I daresay our resident apologist will have nothing whatsoever to say about their 'professionalism'.

Ooh do you mean Jimmy Saville, Father Francis MacNutt, Fred Talbot, My Chemistry Teacher at St Ambrose or the tiny minority of paedophiles who identified the priesthood rather than the BBC for their perversions?

No - the difference between me and these vermin is that I don't molest kids, and then go to confession where another nonce tells them to light a candle and say a few mea culpas and hail marys and the slate is wiped clean to sanction further abuse.
And the priest doesn't even have to tell the police that a paedophile has just admitted a crime.
A good friend of mine who suffered from bipolar disorder since childhood took his own life three years ago.
I'm sure it was pure coincidence that he too was abused by a Roman Catholic priest as a young boy.
Is that enough of an example of your fellow catholics ruining the life of someone with mental health issues which they probably caused for you?
You still haven't explained to me just why a church that tolerates paedophile priests is so set against same sex couples over the age of consent being married.

I'm off to mass in ten minutes, but I'll reply later.

SWP's back said:
pauldominic said:
SWP's back said:

You are clearly mad.

Coming from you, I'll take that as a compliment.

:)<br /><br />-- Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:48 am --<br /><br />
SWP's back said:
pauldominic said:
I'm off to mass in ten minutes, but I'll reply later.
Probably during the game as usual. Big blue you.

I'll do my best if thats want you want.

pauldominic said:

Greetings NF.

We could continue to have tit-for-tat exchanges about Christianity, Catholicism, Mental Health, Social Work, Marriage, Paedophilia, avoiding questions etc etc.

However there's nothing I can say that will change your opinion on any of them so I won't.

However I do understand the anger, bitterness and pain you feel towards Catholicism and me.

pauldominic said:
pauldominic said:

Greetings NF.

We could continue to have tit-for-tat exchanges about Christianity, Catholicism, Mental Health, Social Work, Marriage, Paedophilia, avoiding questions etc etc.

However there's nothing I can say that will change your opinion on any of them so I won't.

However I do understand the anger, bitterness and pain you feel towards Catholicism and me.

That isn't true though Paul,because I will always try and answer any question from anybody.
They may not like or accept the answer,but I will at least try and substantiate and validate my opinion with evidence and facts.
You simply don't do this - it isn't just myself who thinks this,virtually the entire forum has had problems trying to get you to give a straight answer.
For example,myself and others have asked you exactly why you personally are so opposed to the idea of loving and committed same sex couples getting married in your church.
You simply don't address the question,and either go off on some bizarre tangent,or flounce off for a couple of hours and sulk.
This isn't how most folk debate,and it renders any attempt at serious discussion redundant.
I don't feel any bitterness or hate towards you,which may shatter your Saint Sebastian martyr complex - I just feel that you lack any degree of empathy,and that you have been so indoctrinated by your faith that you can no longer view things with the clarity and objectivity that an open mind would display.
I do,however,very much feel anger towards the Roman Catholic church and everything it stands for,but then I feel equal anger to all the other faiths that kill wholesale in the name of their god,and discriminate against some of my best friends for the 'crime' of loving each other.

pauldominic said:
pauldominic said:

Greetings NF.

i don't think you do

these people are in privleged positions of respect and trust that individuals are sucked into and as such are taken advantage of
what makes it worse they are supposed to be celibate
and in many cases protected by the heirarchy of the catholic church

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.