A sure bet (Idiot of 2010 inside)

.allan

Lets be honest there is no such thing, this guy has well and truly proved it.

The title of the thread is "I admit it".
I have a problem. I can't help it, 4-0 up in the 78th minute offering 1.01 (1% profit for 12 minutes work, in non-betting talk). Fucking bent africans cost me my place at uni.
problem-1.jpg

later on in the thread there is a convo posted between him and his mate

\\ ..s¢ott.. // says (21:53):
*fuck me
- \\ ..s¢ott.. // says (21:54):
*you complete fucking mongo
*wtf were you doing
*how much would you have won ;|
John says (21:54):
*£440
*was my new PS3
- \\ ..s¢ott.. // says (21:54):
*isnt that 10% ;|
John says (21:54):
*FML
*im even a idiot in working it out
*aye £44 fucking quid

So in conclusion he put £4400 pounds on Angola to win when they were 4-0 up with 12 minutes to go and lost it all for £44. Anyone thats wants to sympathise with this idiot feel free.. <a class="postlink" href="http://forum.fm-view.com/topic/10912-i-admit-it/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://forum.fm-view.com/topic/10912-i-admit-it/</a>

That's terrible. I've lost a little on betfair in £10/£20 bets every weekend in the past, but did the sensible thing and signed my account off for 6 months. It all counts up at the end of the day. How do you tell your parents you did something like this?

I bet a ton on a small accumulator earlier this season. I would have won just over 3 grand. All I needed was Notts County to win on the Sunday. They was winning two nil against Torquay with 20 mins to go and they drew.

'bent africans cost me my place at uni'

anyone else actually rather pleased that someone else has the chance to go now? someone who, perhaps, is more respectful of their government grant? perhaps someone who can perform basic mathematical calculations in real life situations? someone who doesn't resort to borderline racism when he makes an idiot out of himself?

I actually think it was a reasonable bet, but then I'm looking at the odds alone and the fact it took City a whole second half against Spurs to come back and score four goals after our 3-0 half-time deficit with Barton getting sent off. I mean how many times are teams 4-0 down going to score 4 goals in the last tenth of the match?

This guy thinks like I do, although you have to wonder what sort of team can throw a 4-0 lead away to tie the game in the last 12 minutes... I'd love to have seen this game.

Conversely I took odds on Liverpool (in the CL) and backed them at 3-0 down on BetFair because I figured if Liverpool came out in the second half and scored early I could trade part of the bet in and end up with a net (free) position for the rest of the game. As Liverpool scored three times and I had 'win' outright as opposed to a win over 90 mins I was able to maintain the majority of my stake at high odds for a decent profit. However, how you can envisage a team scoring 4 goals in around ten minutes after getting pummeled is pretty difficult.

I don't think that on a technical basis the guy in question was an idiot, except if he was staking money he couldn't afford to lose - which is more a money management problem, not one of making a dumb bet.

To be fair...even for only £44 that is a decent bet. :p hehe, this really is hilarious! :) can't really sympathise, he brought this upon himself. guess you shouldn't take the piss of someone with a gambling problem but you can't help but laugh.

MCFCinUSA said:
I actually think it was a reasonable bet, but then I'm looking at the odds alone and the fact it took City a whole second half against Spurs to come back and score four goals after our 3-0 half-time deficit with Barton getting sent off. I mean how many times are teams 4-0 down going to score 4 goals in the last tenth of the match?

This guy thinks like I do, although you have to wonder what sort of team can throw a 4-0 lead away to tie the game in the last 12 minutes... I'd love to have seen this game.
The point is he thought he would be getting £440 in return, which would have been an understandable gamble. I'm sure if he actually knew he only stood to win £44 off a stake of £4,400 even this window licker would have abstained. It's an idiotic bet for such little value and simply not worth the risk, no matter how miniscule it might be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.