A Theory On Why Vassell Keeps Playing

sell_out16

I've thought long and hard about this; why Darius Vassell has been a regular starter since we signed him, regardless of his rubbish nature.

The only reason I could come up with that logically explains such an inherently illogical scenario is as follows:

Vass plays striker (in theory). Strikers ought to score goals. Vass hasn't scored many goals. Therefore he has a lot of goals 'stored up' inside him - a goal debt, if you will. I believe that he keeps getting played in the hope that he'll suddenly score a career's worth of goals in a few games. That's the only rational way to look at it.

Anyone got any better ideas, cos I am stumped?

he is the striker available at the momenth through Injuries who Hughes feel is best for the job?

or he works hard in training but oblivious on the pitch,

also remember he didnt get a look in at the start of the season when the main strikers were fit

standytogilvy said:
also remember he didnt get a look in at the start of the season when the main strikers were fit

That was because he was injured

He does (badly) what he is told keeps his head down and aparently "works hard and alwasy gives his all"

Oh by the way he was injured when he wasn't selected

managers likes and respect hardworking players. The fans like and respect players that gets the job done.

Vassell has duped Hughes, but he did the same to Sven and Pearce. Here's how it goes:

You haven't seen him play much before and you take a look at him in training. He's fit, enthusiastic, trains hards. So what? Well he also has loads of pace (less so now), is *surprisingly* good on the ball and has quick feet, he can run behind (although goes offside constantly).

But weighing it all up, you think (quite rightly) hey this boy is not half bad. You figure he's doing all the right things and he will surely come good and start banging them in. You're drawn in.

What you totally fail to realise is that Vassell couldn't score in a brothel. Never has, never could, never will. All that work and running around is combined with a MONUMENTAL lack of judgement. Crossing when there's no-one there; beating his man, running to the by line and then crossing into the stand; shooting straight at the keeper; stopping and holding the ball up when there are 3 in the box screaming for it. I could go on.

He is in a word, inept.

But you don't notice until after a quite a few games. And he's a nice lad, and he works hard so you keep sticking with it, hoping it will come right for him. It never will of course. But we know that - we have seen it for 4 seasons.

drc said:
managers likes and respect hardworking players. The fans like and respect players that gets the job done.

I AGRRE BUT WHAT DOES vASSELL DO HE DOESNT DO A JOB ANYWERE

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.