A Theory On Why Vassell Keeps Playing

and you evidently cant see out of your eyes with your opinion about vass.

lol we've all watched him for years mate we're not just judging him on a handful of performances.

your point is that he got selected for england so he must be world class? nevermind his scoring record is woeful, never has a shot on target and he runs around like a headless chicken

"BUT BUT HE GOT CAPPED FOR ENGLAND"

do us a favour.

The Invisible_Man said:

Im going to start with Vass for captain, then Il take it from there.

But seriously, what happened to supporting the players who put the effort in? Vass isnt a Robinho, he isnt even a Sweep, but he is still a good, premiership standerd player. One who's game seems to be based around confidence, which you can see in the way he plays. Remember how well he worked with a partner he could understand and felt confident with (Shitbag 'Andrew not Andy Cole'). When Cole did one he lost that confidence, he dosent even want to have a pop anymore incase he misses.

If he is a Prem standard player then so am I, some of you must watch a different game from me. He brings absolutely nothing to the team.

He played in his favoured position at the weekend against the worst team in the Prem and did nothing, he played in his favoured position last season away at the worst team in the Prem and again did nothing apart from miss 2 or 3 1 on 1s. If this constitutes being Prem standard then yes he is!

Vassell is absolute dog shit and wouldnt get in most pub teams and to see people defending this useless twat when we cant win for love nor money just makes my blood boil. Its hardly suprising we are doing as badly as we are with this bag of wank playing week in week out! The guy is a fucking jinx, pre Xmas 2007 he hardly played and we were challenging for a champs league spot, post Xmas 2007 he plays pretty much every week and we show relegation form! Coincidence?[/quote]

So the shocking defending is Vassells fault? The woefull passing up to the striker/s? The lack of cohesion running throughout the entire team?
Vassell has played what, twice, in his favoured posistion in a year and a half? A posistion that playing in got him into the England squad, whilst up against better strikers, before he came to us? Vass is involved in the majority of our link up play, despite the shit he gets he always wants the ball and to try something for the team. He is always making himself available for the pass, his control is suprisingly good and with his head up he might not be a bad shot, you never know he could put a few away. Not that we'l find that out now our wonderfull support has christened him the worst player in the league. Do you know what is a fucking jinx, some of our fans, can not see past the ends of their fucking noses.[/quote]

Vass is involved in most of our link up play? His control is good? His head up? I was right.........you are watching a different fucking game!

vbr said:
your point is that he got selected for england so he must be world class? nevermind his scoring record is woeful, never has a shot on target and he runs around like a headless chicken

do us a favour.

Do me a favour, go back and read my post before you let that shit dribble down your chin. Iv never mentioned the Vass being world class, but he is a proven, Premiership standerd player, for the posistion we are in now.

His scoring record is not the best no, but it isnt terrible considering he has played his entire career in the top division. He dosent shoot unless he has no other option, probably because he is scared of missing, as for running around like a headless chicken thats a very vague thing to say, explain?

The only theory i have is Vassell's workrate. Yes he is poor, but what else is there for the manager to select, with Sturridge and Evans now injured. Jo terminally inept, and not showing any signs of life. His end product is dire, he lacks confidence, sees space - decides not to run into it, passes square or back. It must be his willingness to work, and at least stifle the opposition from threatening our extremely delicate back four. He's a defensive striker.
The squad is that poor and lacks quality in depth from back to front. A keeper short, two or three defenders short, two or three midfielders short, and although we have 'strikers' in numbers, none of them would make first choice selection in another premiership side in my opinion.
At the moment we are getting by with a second rate strike option, and substitutes such as Hamann, who are basically already retired, its a poor poor squad, and i seriously doubt most managers could do much with it.

The Invisible_Man said:
vbr said:

do us a favour.

Do me a favour, go back and read my post before you let that shit dribble down your chin. Iv never mentioned the Vass being world class, but he is a proven, Premiership standerd player, for the posistion we are in now.

His scoring record is not the best no, but it isnt terrible considering he has played his entire career in the top division. He dosent shoot unless he has no other option, probably because he is scared of missing, as for running around like a headless chicken thats a very vague thing to say, explain?

he runs around for 90 minutes all game, does absolutely nothing of note and yet he gets selected each week. take the game against west brom, his sole contribution was passing the ball 5 yards sideways to SWP who had a shot. he runs up and down the wing, bumbling into players and trying to hold the ball up when he gets it. his crossing was absolutely SHOCKING and it always has been. his idea of a tackle is to run into people and hope for the best.

you say he doesnt shoot unless he has no other option, his natural position is supposed to be a STRIKER. he should be selfish and have a pop when he can, even if he's low on confidence he's never going to start hitting the back of the net unless he tries things like having a go from outside the area when the chance presents itself instead of going for the easy option and looking for someone to pass to. his scoring record IS terrible, no other word for it.

on the back of the past few seasons, no, he isnt a premiership standard player at all. when besiktas, derby or bolton wanted him we should have got rid.

now stop the shit from dribbling down your chin and analyse not just his "career" but his past few seasons for city.

OrigamiNinja said:
The Invisible_Man said:
Im going to start with Vass for captain, then Il take it from there.

But seriously, what happened to supporting the players who put the effort in? Vass isnt a Robinho, he isnt even a Sweep, but he is still a good, premiership standerd player. One who's game seems to be based around confidence, which you can see in the way he plays. Remember how well he worked with a partner he could understand and felt confident with (Shitbag 'Andrew not Andy Cole'). When Cole did one he lost that confidence, he dosent even want to have a pop anymore incase he misses.

Vass is involved in most of our link up play? His control is good? His head up? I was right.........you are watching a different fucking game!

When I can find the stats Im looking for (and dont give me the stats can prove anything shite) you'l find Vass has one of the highest involvements in the game, high amounts of touches with decent posistioning. His control is suprisingly good, he dosent skip past playes but he can handle the ball when needed. And finally I meant if he had the confidence to get his head up and have a pop we might see a few more goals from him, but he wont ever gain that confidence here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.