A Town in Shock

stonerblue

Around 4.30 yesterday a man threw a baby into the river Irwell in the middle of Radcliffe. I was in the pub when somebody came in and told us but nobody really believed it. Once the helicopters, fire, police and ambulances started flying about we knew something was terribly wrong.
Local residents immediately started to help rescuers and police and the baby was rescued. Sadly he died later in hospital.
Walking around the crime scenes later that evening i talked to loads of people who were upset, angry and stunned that anyone could commit such a heinous act. An all encompassing sense of shock and disbelief lies over the town this morning.
Tragic.

Just appalling. We’ve had five years of two baby’s / toddlers keeping us awake all night. Both my kids had horrendous stomach pain, waking up 20+ times a night. It’s soul destroying and drives you insane. Parenting is the hardest thing anyone can ever do.

I just don’t know how anyone could harm a baby in that way though. Amazing how some news just stuns you even in these times.

Jesus Christ, that’s truly horrific. What a sickening act.

Looks like a domestic issue and the mother is posting comments on facebook. She must be in utter turmoil, a living hell at the moment, but something about the way people live their lives on these platforms doesn't sit right with me. She has been forced to defend herself because people know who and where she is and are saying things.

RIP to the little boy!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.