A Town in Shock

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by stonerblue, 12 Sep 2019 at 9:30 AM.

1. journolud

journolud

We've gone from apparently he was in a mental hospital to now the perpetrator of this crime is playing it as a trump card. Don't get me wrong if he is guilty and not found to be seriously mentally disordered he deserves what's coming to him but no need to fuel our rage with conjecture.

2. LeeJay

LeeJay

Team supported:
    Manchester city
    i'm not in any way supporting this monster here, but it has to be said that any c*** who kills or harms a child isn't mentally stable.

The 'mentally ill' record is bought out every time - because that is what they are. What's wrong with the picture is that it can be used as a defense. If a person is capable of understanding that another person is alive and that their actions against that person will mean life will be lost, then its murder.

3. journolud

journolud

There's a difference between being mentally unstable and being mentally ill but the lines are pretty blurred these days. If the mental illness/capacity card is played as a defence in this case no doubt there will be psychiatrists and/or psychologists on both sides disagreeing with each other.

4. LeeJay

LeeJay

Team supported:
    Manchester city
    i hear you there, it's the consideration that jail time is a bad thing and 'rehabilitation' is the way forward crew that really throw a spanner in the works.

i just think that if a person has the capacity to understand the basic concept of murder, then whether they are mentally ill or not (and i say that coming from a pov that any murder [bar self defense] is the result of a mental instability), then the punishment should not be watered down. It's murder, and time off the streets (in whatever capacity) should be perma.

5. Deepest Blue

Deepest Blue

6. mike1923

mike1923

Hang him from the town hall

7. blue b4 the moon

blue b4 the moon

...by his bollocks

8. Grassland Blue

Grassland Blue

Absolutely horrific.
    R.I.P. little man.

9. inchy14

inchy14

stunned, dazed and still can't quite believe it!!
    My son went to school with both of the parents, said the father was unstable even in school and not quite right.

It's just heartbreaking.