A trip down memory lane around Manchester....

It may have already been mentioned on this thread but does anyone remember the Transport Expo in 1973? We went down to the Docks on a school trip to look round a load of ships that were there including a Royal Navy frigate I think. These days it's the Lowry Theatre and Media City.

Just caught with this thread. I remember that air show and you were right about the Harrier taking off, never heard a noise that loud. My mum took some photographs but unfortunately they were lost when we cleared my parents house out a few years back.
There was a Vulcan flyby too...apparently. I just remember the loud noise! Shame about the photos.

I remember going to an air show at Knutsford as a kid when the Concorde did a fly over for the first time (I think).
Harrier taking off was something to see.

Vaguely remember the Vulcan, also remember that there was a souvenir programme with a picture of Jaguar fighter in the middle which ended up on my bedroom wall.
I was only 4! I remember my older brother was allowed to sit in one of the planes...i wouldn't go near them!

I remember going to an air show at Knutsford as a kid when the Concorde did a fly over for the first time (I think).
Harrier taking off was something to see.
And there was Barton Air Show too (which also had a Concorde fly-by). Nothing now though. We have fck all around Manchester these days.

Used to see them flying overhead with blue steel stand off bombs slung underneath in the early 60s too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.