A Turning Point

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by 7evens, 22 Aug 2019.

1. Trojan63

Trojan63

As someone else mentioned when Sheikh Mansour bought us was massive of course - not just in terms of finance but in having a long term vision of how the club was to be run. But even before that David Bernstein wasn’t a bad lad was he ? After years of instability he settled things down and made us an attractive investment. Bernstein’s role in our history seems to have been largely forgotten with what has happened since. But if you are looking for one particular iconic image then yes the picture of Mancini fucking Ferguson off would be up there - along with the knowing smile on his face during the 6-1.You have to remember Mancini had managed Inter and won 3 consecutive Serie A titles and was well used to big passionate rivalry in that league so he was never going to be intimidated by Ferguson. Whatever people think about Ferguson he wasn’t stupid and had a wealth of experience - I think the noisy neighbors comment was actually more of a back handed complement than some people realised - I think Ferguson knew the tide was turning at that point.

2. Trojan63

Trojan63

I agree with everything you say there mate - apart from the bit at the end about Pep - I was one of the few blues who was convinced that the moment we recruited Soriano and Beguristein Pep was a certainty to come eventually - I go to the match with my brother and son - was telling them for over 12 months that Pep would eventually come to City but they would have none of it. Don’t want to sound like a smart arse but I had a £50 bet with a rag I know that Utd would try and clone Ferguson by getting Moyes to follow him.

Dribble likes this.
  3. manchester blue

manchester blue

That showed them up for the poor losers they are. As did Ferdinand's, "congratulations to the other team" comment when he could not even say our name; the smacked arse.

4. Plays By Sense Of Smell

Plays By Sense Of Smell

It's like a movie poster for Deadpool - the other protagonists are all caught up in their own little world while our hero breaks the fourth wall with the throwaway aside, "Seriously, I have to work with these asshats!"

mat likes this.
  5. Dribble

Dribble

Soriano gave the game away during an interview in 2013. He was asked about the possibility of him, Txiki & Pep being reunited at City. He said, in football everything is possible.

When asked about Pep replacing Ferguson at ManUre, he further gave the game away by saying if Pep were to come to English football, he'd imagine it would only be to City.....

It was a tantalising interview, but I dared not dream we could get Guardiola, but loads of things were pointing to the possibility. Pep arriving here killed Bayern, shocked world football & forced ManUre to pursue Moureen in response.... That ended well didn't it? :-)

6. Carver

Carver

Agree with this but specifically the 72nd minute of this game. What happened then? This was the moment that Scholes put 4 stud marks in Zabaletta’s leg and got sent off. For me this is the defining moment when I thought that we were better than them, we may lose the odd game but we’ve got nothing more to fear as they hadn’t feared us for many a year.
    They were chasing our shadow in that game and have largely been in it for the 8 years since.

7. King KdB of Belgium

King KdB of Belgium

Trojan63.The moment I knew for sure was the moment that Pep said that he was not renewing his contract with Bayern Munchen. Just hope he can stay for another 4/5 seasons.

8. BongoBlue

BongoBlue

From the NBC commentary over here: "A seismic day in Manchester!"

9. Tricky_Trev

Tricky_Trev

The turning point was losing to them in the FA cup at home, absolutely. They went 3-0 up, we were down to 10 men. They were absolutely fired up and desperate to make amends for the 6-1. Yet City outplayed them and almost progressed.

Rags went off the pitch as if they’d lost. They knew we were unstoppable from that day.

10. CelesteItis

CelesteItis

Not In My Lifetime

the piss can forebodings .