A very unexpected gift

Amazing how much has changed in 50 odd years. That programme seems like it’s from a completely different world. Different currency, ground, train company, businesses, print quality, etc. Rather sadly I find the adverts strangely fascinating… each one a little time capsule. I wonder what the next 50 years will have in store? Probably football on the fucking moon.

The OP makes reference to playing Crusaders, however the attached programme shows the opposition as Linfield. We did play Linfield in the ECWC, I have no memory of playing Crusaders in that competition. As far as I am aware Linfield and Crusaders are 2 separate teams in Northern Ireland.
Is this a spot the error comp?

The OP makes reference to playing Crusaders, however the attached programme shows the opposition as Linfield. We did play Linfield in the ECWC, I have no memory of playing Crusaders in that competition. As far as I am aware Linfield and Crusaders are 2 separate teams in Northern Ireland.
Spot on the programme is v Linfield in the ECWC.

Amazing how much has changed in 50 odd years. That programme seems like it’s from a completely different world. Different currency, ground, train company, businesses, print quality, etc. Rather sadly I find the adverts strangely fascinating… each one a little time capsule. I wonder what the next 50 years will have in store? Probably football on the fucking moon.

Nah, the atmosphere will be shit

Yeah we’ve never played Crusaders, it was Linfield

Just as long as it's a BLUE MOON.

Who says we don't have history ? Just look at that honours list :)

I was about to post similar: the adverts are by far the most interesting part of old programmes and magazines.

I picked up my brother-in-law from Piccadilly last night. Bloody train stuck at Stockport for an hour and finally arrived by minibus an hour and a bit late. Train might have been shifted by now. But he presented me with a West Ham shirt! The good news is that it's ZABALETA 5! I shall wear it tomorrow night at the Women v Bristol game!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.