A very unexpected gift

I caught up recently with a good friend of mine over a few jars and was handed a little bag as a birthday gift that I can put up in my new office.

Inside I found this incredible program from City v Crusaders from 1970. My mate who comes from NI and a long generation of Crusaders fans, gifted me this after the recent passing of his grandfather.

I was absolutely stunned and even though it was long before my time, that lineup is legendary!
I posted yesterday my Mum bought me a Brazil kit for Christmas in 1970 after Brazil won the World Cup. My mum told me she had bought each bit of the kit from different shops which took her across Manchester. I now know where she probably bought the shirt from as it’s in the advert for Roy Clarke, thats made me day, such a coincidence you posted this after my comment yesterday.

I caught up recently with a good friend of mine over a few jars and was handed a little bag as a birthday gift that I can put up in my new office.

Inside I found this incredible program from City v Crusaders from 1970. My mate who comes from NI and a long generation of Crusaders fans, gifted me this after the recent passing of his grandfather.

I was absolutely stunned and even though it was long before my time, that lineup is legendary!

It's fantastic to see all the greats in there...

Trumanns
Fingland's
Roy Clarke Ltd

That MEN bunch turned out to be fucking useless in the end though didn't they?

Wonder if Swales paid to advertise his business. Strange combination of things he was selling in those days, records, cards and handbags, Id always believed he sold electrical goods.
When I was 9 we moved to Sale, just around the corner from his shop, from memory a lot of the TVs were rental, not sure about the washing machines etc

I was at that Linfield game, our goal was quite late in the game, it was our first defence of the Cup Winners Cup that we'd won in Vienna.

I posted yesterday my Mum bought me a Brazil kit for Christmas in 1970 after Brazil won the World Cup. My mum told me she had bought each bit of the kit from different shops which took her across Manchester. I now know where she probably bought the shirt from as it’s in the advert for Roy Clarke, thats made me day, such a coincidence you posted this after my comment yesterday.
Mum’s are fucking great.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.