A very unexpected gift

Worst day of my life when i lost my mum, just 3 months shy of my 60th birthday but by god it hit me hard, cheers.
Mine’s 83 and still my “go to” person when I need advice, or just the right few words to ease any worries. Your story of your mum doing all that to get you that kit. It’s what they do isn’t it? It never stops.

I caught up recently with a good friend of mine over a few jars and was handed a little bag as a birthday gift that I can put up in my new office.

Inside I found this incredible program from City v Crusaders from 1970. My mate who comes from NI and a long generation of Crusaders fans, gifted me this after the recent passing of his grandfather.

I was absolutely stunned and even though it was long before my time, that lineup is legendary!

I went to this game and still have the programme. Unfortunately a friend talked me into stopping buying them as for at least 10 years I’d never taken a programme out of the plastic to read it.

Mine’s 83 and still my “go to” person when I need advice, or just the right few words to ease any worries. Your story of your mum doing all that to get you that kit. It’s what they do isn’t it? It never stops.
Thanks pal, that means a lot to me.

Away leg in Belfast had been a bit tasty. Joe Corrigan got hit by a bottle. City fans pre-match told to stop singing in Mooney's Bar as they didn't have a music licence. The bar got blown up a few weeks later.

I went to this game and still have the programme. Unfortunately a friend talked me into stopping buying them as for at least 10 years I’d never taken a programme out of the plastic to read it.
Is that what they do now? The last time I bought a programme was before they brought in Season Tickets in the "proper" Kippax. You had to collect the tokens in the programmes for home matches, plus the front cover of the away ones, for the privilege of queueing up for hours in all weathers, for the chance of getting a ticket for an important match.
Now it's all done for you. via electrickery or summat.

Luxury.

Loving the UCP advert, bit before my time visiting their Restaurants, but once a week I was brought up on one of their products in my house.

For the young 'uns....UCP = United Cattle Products and amongst their offerings was Tripe !

Found this interesting article in the MUEN : https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...r-news/tripe-popularity-then-now-ucp-17665759
Back in the late '60s /early '70s a well known ticket tout had his daily 'office' at a table on the first floor of the UCP cafe. I worked just around the corner at the time. You could pretty much get a ticket for anything, at a price.
UCP made decent meat & potato pies - my usual take-away tea for night games at Maine Road straight from work.

Is that what they do now? The last time I bought a programme was before they brought in Season Tickets in the "proper" Kippax. You had to collect the tokens in the programmes for home matches, plus the front cover of the away ones, for the privilege of queueing up for hours in all weathers, for the chance of getting a ticket for an important match.
Now it's all done for you. via electrickery or summat.

Luxury.

yes I did that as well queued up outside for the fa cup again Leicester

any one remember the pre-decimal price of the programme? Thruppence? Tanner? A mate used to print them and his boss always moaned it was not worth the effort, barely any profit.....always a last minute rush job, the reserve games was a single sheet, iirc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.