A very unexpected gift

Wonder if Swales paid to advertise his business. Strange combination of things he was selling in those days, records, cards and handbags, Id always believed he sold electrical goods.
I can recall White and Swales in Stockport (on Underbank?) where they sold records and electrical goods.

White went in to chair Liverpool and City ended up with Swales!

I caught up recently with a good friend of mine over a few jars and was handed a little bag as a birthday gift that I can put up in my new office.

Inside I found this incredible program from City v Crusaders from 1970. My mate who comes from NI and a long generation of Crusaders fans, gifted me this after the recent passing of his grandfather.

I was absolutely stunned and even though it was long before my time, that lineup is legendary!
Wow!

What a gift. And it looks in great condition, too.

Looking at those pics of the centre pages makes me think how much I miss the Pink. Of course in these days of ubiquitous mobiles and internet, everything is everywhere, at once.
Used to love haring back on my bike from Maine Road, just in time to catch the newsagent’s still open for the Pink. To read about what I’d just seen, and relive the whole thing. Yes, those were fine days…

You all know the answer and it's great for a Luddite like myself. Q. How the f..k were they able to print the actual full team 1-11 !! in the programme when it had been printed days in advance. Might only need to use a pencil once for a rare team change. The kids know it all now through social media but it's nice to know how some things bring so much happiness and nostalgia with our past.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.