A win tonight and best start ever in the top flight!

bugsyblue

Just saw an interesting statistic; a win tonight will ensure City have their best start ever in the top division of the football league. I for one am very confident not only going into tonight’s match, but for our season ahead. It's a long windy road till the end of the season, but Hughes' squad have shown enough already that we can break into the top 4.

However it's also easy to get carried away, obviously we are not going to win all our games, especially difficult away matches, and what I really want, and hope, to see this season is City picking up points away from home. A point is better than none! I'd like to see a composed performance tonight, we can definitely win but a hard fought point is nothing to scoff at either. People said Arsenal and United were our bench mark to how well we are going to do this season, one good win and an unlucky defeat has made people take notice, but tonight’s game is equally a tough test IMO, and personally I'll be happy with a point.

Come on city!!!

I can see us getting a point tonight today and I would be happy with that. 5 wins, a draw and a defeat is top 4 form without a doubt.

Don't get me wrong, I think we're good enough to win the game.

I've just got this gut feel that we're due a draw.

Happy with a point? No chance. There's no good reason why we shouldn't win tonight.

Didsbury Dave said:
I can see us getting a point tonight today and I would be happy with that. 5 wins, a draw and a defeat is top 4 form without a doubt.

Don't get me wrong, I think we're good enough to win the game.

I've just got this gut feel that we're due a draw.

It wouldn't shock me if it was a draw with Barry and Dunne both scoring, wonder what the odd for that would be.

Its gonna be a tough match but these are the sort of games a side should win if they have ambitions to break into the top four. Villa seem a bit weaker this year than last season so I'm confident we can get a result

Technically it will give City their equal best start in the top flight, along with 1914/15, 1970/71 and 1977/78. In those 3 seasons City won 5 and drew 2 of their opening seven matches so giving them 12 points out of a possible 14. This is exactly the same ratio of points won to points available as 18 out of 21 will be if we beat Villa tonight.

Cheltblue said:
Polari said:
Happy with a point? No chance. There's no good reason why we shouldn't win tonight.

So you would be unhappy with a point, away at Villa???

Yes. That doesn't mean I'm going to be calling for the manager to be sacked, but I'll be really disappointed because I think our team is better than that and with a win we'll establish ourselves as genuine title contenders.

We should be aiming for the win and showing ambition rather than settling for coming away with a point.

1 point at Villa Park is not a bad result, but if we want Champions League football I personally feel that we need to win tonight to keep up the pressure on the current holders of them places. Both teams have had fantastic starts so it is a huge game from both camps, but hopefully we should have enough about us to get the goals and ultimately the three points.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.