Aaron Hickey

With Hearts now relegated I wonder if City will make a move before Rangers/Celtic swoop.

Won't do his development any good playing in the Scottish Championship.
Last I heard He viewed the PL as too soon and wanted to move to Celtics first. Crystal Palace were were in for him.

Linked again with us after showing great promise since joining Bologna and apparently available for under £10m too cheap for potentially a backup left back, he's meant to be an intelligent footballer positionally sound and very two footed likes driving forward able to play at left/right back or central midfield comfortably and supposedly even centre back too, he's only 19 but seen as mature beyond his years already drawing comparisons to Javier Zanetti and Phillip Lahm for his potential versatility, sometimes those overhyped kinda comparisons can be ill judged and naive only adding undue pressure to kids, but he seems mature and he could be a good investment even if he never makes it here or maybe genuinely be a good backup option, just to see if he can become more possibly while learning his fullback trade from Cancelo & Walker's styles plus picking up things from our midfielders too.

Worst case scenario is we probs make our money back or close to it with a good sell on fee, obviously other clubs will be able to offer him guaranteed first team football but it must interest him the possibility of being coach by Pep and being surrounded by world class players. Sounds like he could be a gem and a Pep type player versatility wise and although still young I defo wouldn't mind us taking a gamble on him, already heard very good things about him a couple years back but forgot all about him before hearing these recent links.

P.S. maybe thread title should be changed and hearts taken away for Bologna Scottish left back etc. @Mad Eyed Screamer just a thought.

An interesting player and one who now seems to be comfortable playing further forward rather than simply defending as a conventional left back; he’s certainly played more in left midfield this season for the Rossoblu and has already bagged five goals.

There are a couple of questions that I would have about him, however. For one thing, I have questions about his stamina at this stage, as he hasn’t managed five full ninety minutes on the trot in either season in Italy. Not a deal breaker, I know, but just something to monitor. Second, I’m still struggling to understand why he hasn’t been capped yet, not even at the U21 level. I know Robertson and Tierney are ahead of him in the full squad and we’ve had the Pandemic, but it’s still a little surprising that he hasn’t been included.

Anyway, would be surprised if Bologna let him go cheaply when he’s under contract until 2024, and Mihajlovic is an experienced coach and good person to learn from, so another season in Italy might be better for his immediate development.

Would be a welcome addition considering we need to replace that idiot who shall not be named. Need cover for that position we've been lucky Cancelo has taken like a duck to water to LB. Sensible signing if can get him around the £10m figure.

What is it with Scottish left backs? Robertson and Tierney are arguably 2 of the best in the Premier League. Willie Donachie was great. Maybe time for another jock on the left wing?

What is it with Scottish left backs? Robertson and Tierney are arguably 2 of the best in the Premier League. Willie Donachie was great. Maybe time for another jock on the left wing?
Is it cos they are made in Scotland from girders? ( still don’t know what a girder though)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.