Aaron Hickey

Or that we don't think he's any good.
Only this. I'm thinking our scouting department see past the current trend of thinking every Scottish full back will turn good, if I remember rightly with Tierney when he was at celtic everyone raved about him yet there was hardly a huge battle to sign him, and for me he's not really improved in value since he got to arsenal.
As for Robertson, yep I will give you he had a couple of good seasons, but he has been worked out a little bit this year, teams have started to negate his energy by pushing him back more.

Only this. I'm thinking our scouting department see past the current trend of thinking every Scottish full back will turn good, if I remember rightly with Tierney when he was at celtic everyone raved about him yet there was hardly a huge battle to sign him, and for me he's not really improved in value since he got to arsenal.
As for Robertson, yep I will give you he had a couple of good seasons, but he has been worked out a little bit this year, teams have started to negate his energy by pushing him back more.
Arsenal would double what they paid for Tierney even with all of his injury problems.

He went back to Hearts from Celtic and it was at Tynecastle that he made his mark. He’s a highly versatile player and should do well under Thomas Frank.

As for Scottish fullbacks, they’re not all Robertsons, granted, but I wouldn’t at all be surprised if Calvin Ramsay goes on to be his duplicate on the right at Liverpool.

He went back to Hearts from Celtic and it was at Tynecastle that he made his mark. He’s a highly versatile player and should do well under Thomas Frank.

As for Scottish fullbacks, they’re not all Robertsons, granted, but I wouldn’t at all be surprised if Calvin Ramsay goes on to be his duplicate on the right at Liverpool.
Brentford will probably sell Hickey on for two or three times what they paid in a couple of years or so

Brentford will probably sell Hickey on for two or three times what they paid in a couple of years or so
Quite possibly. He’s already made good career moves and this looks like another. He had done very well at Hearts but needed to play in a more technical
League as he himself developed physically. It says a lot for him to go to Bologna (especially during the pandemic), play out two full seasons, and be adaptable enough to give Mihajlović the luxury of using him in multiple positions. England will now be a different challenge but Frank is a great coach and should be able to get the best out of him.

Arsenal would double what they paid for Tierney even with all of his injury problems.
Not so sure. Good player when fit but played just over 60 games in 3 season. About a third of all the games he could have played in, since he signed. Big wages also.

Not so sure. Good player when fit but played just over 60 games in 3 season. About a third of all the games he could have played in, since he signed. Big wages also.
Been plenty of links to £50m transfers in the last few months. Real Madrid and us from memory. He has definitely increased in value since coming south.

Been plenty of links to £50m transfers in the last few months. Real Madrid and us from memory. He has definitely increased in value since coming south.
Us and Real Madrid are a huge step up from playing 20 games a season for Arsenal, time will tell I suppose but I've never seen anything to tell me he could consistently play at our level

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.