Abide with me

I can't seem to find anything that Amore have sung on YouTube, as it's only returning results for Dean Martin! Wouldn't have thought they would sound operatic, though, rather just a group of classically trained musicians singing in harmony. Hope they sing everything pretty 'straight', without the wailing and hysteria of some soloists.

Also synonymous with the Rugby League Challenge Cup Final.

Fantastic anthem that when sung altogether and with no media interruptions will sound incredible if sung by 90,000 of you.

EricBrooksGhost said:
ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN said:
EricBrooksGhost said:
Why? It's a religious song; I would suggest it has no place at a football match, yes it's "tradition" and yes other football chants use religious tunes but a religious song should never be used at the foremost cup competition nor any other match.

Well I only become religious watching City so this very appropriate for me.
Well sing bluemoon then

i will but the point i am making is the only time i become religious is watching City so when people state this is a religious song then it is appropriate to me and most blues as every game we pray for good fortune.

EricBrooksGhost said:
Well I only become religious watching City so this very appropriate for me.
Well sing bluemoon then

i will but the point i am making is the only time i become religious is watching City so when people state this is a religious song then it is appropriate to me and most blues as every game we pray for good fortune.
Back to my question, will you be polishing the vicar's organ come Sunday morning?

EricBrooksGhost said:
EricBrooksGhost said:
Well sing bluemoon then

Back to my question, will you be polishing the vicar's organ come Sunday morning?

if it guarantees a blues win i will polish it every day till the final

EricBrooksGhost said:
EricBrooksGhost said:
Well sing bluemoon then

Stupid<br /><br />-- Fri May 03, 2013 8:57 pm --<br /><br />Wouldn't it be great if Brucie came out to mount the ladders in the middle of the pitch again - its what memories are made of..................

ANY1aBLUE said:
EricBrooksGhost said:

Stupid

-- Fri May 03, 2013 8:57 pm --

Wouldn't it be great if Brucie came out to mount the ladders in the middle of the pitch again - its what memories are made of..................
LOL you calling something stupid.
It's a serious question for the zealots and those with a selective view of religion.

Taking my Mrs to this game and she's nearly blubbing at the thought of singing it already!!

Seriously, I am all for tradition I will sing it AND The National Anthem at the top of my voice just like in 1981 and 2011.

Each to their own and all that.

Love the fact they've kept this tradition going, even if they've foregone the last game of the season at 1500hrs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.