About Ferran Soriano..

Status
Not open for further replies.
CTID101 said:
If you want to believe some of the ex players and the old groundsmen as well as regular academy watchers Marwood is a huge problem in the academy. Torn apart the work done by Cassell.
If you want to look at it another way, the academy has been completely restructured because it wasn't actually producing players for the first team, and the new structure is aimed to do just that. I've no idea if that will be the case, but its quite obvious that while the academy brought through footballers to professional level, and was capable of winning the youth cup, it hasn't really produced many first team CITY players, most have been sold on for small fee's and largely play at a lower level than PL.

The aim of the new structure is to do just that, so we don't have to keep buying. So while ex members of the academy will see the new structure as a failure, it may takle a few years to produce first team players, given it had to be rebuilt.

I noticed when City annonounced this appointment, one of Soriano's responsibilities was described on the OS as "fan aquisition". An interesting term, (and i dont want to get involved in the pros and cons of gloryhunters here.) Anyway, after some 'senario daydreaming' its got to be Lionel. He must be in his and ADUGs plans.

CTID101 said:
If you want to believe some of the ex players and the old groundsmen as well as regular academy watchers Marwood is a huge problem in the academy. Torn apart the work done by Cassell.

I think Soriano should bring in Tixi and recruit some serious academy staff.

I would take the bitter ramblings of an ex groundman with little more than contempt. He should just worry about cutting the grass at Boundary Park ( how the mighty have fallen).

Trust Khaldoon, Soriano and co ....I think they know far more than a grass cutter

BorisTheBlue said:
CTID101 said:

I think Soriano should bring in Tixi and recruit some serious academy staff.

I would take the bitter ramblings of an ex groundman with little more than contempt. He should just worry about cutting the grass at Boundary Park ( how the mighty have fallen).

Trust Khaldoon, Soriano and co ....I think they know far more than a grass cutter
Anyone knows more than that grass cutter.

Joga Bonito said:
Mere speculation or the author is ITK about our CEO's responsibilities?

He writes for a paper owned by Sheikh Mansour himself. I guess he was given a few hints from above perhaps?

Translation of the Mundo Deportivo Story:

Monsour bin Zayed Al-Nahyan bought Manchester City in 2008 for the modest price of 250 million euros. Since then, it has invested in nearly 650 million more signings and Tuesday was presented at the Bernabeu as the champion of the Premier. Watching him play, and despite the sheer quality of the workforce, one can not believe that this team, this coach, is a favorite of Champions.
The City deservedly lost against Madrid, but much worse than the result was the team's image. Ferran Soriano, executive director of the English champions, chaired the meeting with Florentino Perez and that once outside Barca vice president left the stadium without comment. But yes, many imagine him calling New York from the same Bernabeu Pep Guardiola to ask if he would like to live in Manchester and train the army of splendid figures that minimizes their incorrigible Mancini fears tactical.
He did not call. Or Tuesday, or before Tuesday, not yesterday, not today nor tomorrow call. Soriano has not tempted (yet) nor Guardiola has contacted your representative. The chief executive of the City knows that Pep-with whom he negotiated when they met at the club, not listen to anyone until January. In fact, until early 2013, Guardiola does not want to know who talks to Josep Maria Orobitg-which naturally speaks with suitors to offer job-The world's most coach.
At that January day, Guardiola will leave a few days of walking around New York in bicibleta and consider all options. Confirm, for example, that Milan keeps calling each week. That Chelsea would pay what they ask. Know, too, if Ferguson continues at United or returns Moratti out the checkbook to make a great team. And then, after Reyes, there may be new but, to our knowledge, Pep does not aspire to get the rooms at a club sport enapuros for emergencies. It is not giving the economic pitch that would make him, in London, Milan and Paris in the best-paid coach of all time. What today is in the mind of Guardiola is taking over a project. That is, a contract that may come along in a surprise destination. We'll see what happens. It soon for betting.
... And Txiki, City Road
The June 28, 2009 it was confirmed that Txiki Begiristain, DT FCB, grateful to the confidence he showed the outgoing president and incoming estranged, left the club while Joan Laporta left the office he was to occupy Sandro Rosell.
Txiki foreground disappeared and his name appeared in the media only when linked to either team. Rang many times as coach of Chelsea but only now arriving in the Premier seems imminent. His fate, however, is not London but Manchester.
Ferran Soriano, Executive Director of the City, considered the architect of the current Txiki Barca and he wants his side. As others. In fact another former Barca linked to Soriano-Esteve Calzada - outside counsel and in marketing. Txiki is underway. And as will be discussed immediately firm and the City Pep, although Begiristain himself knows better than anyone that Pep not be swayed by anyone and just go where he wants to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.