About The Beatles, She Loves You...

mad4city

Sorry, I can't provide a link but well, if you can't lay your hands on a copy of this particular song, your opinion is pretty much invalid to me anyway. So, I've just been listening to it and, brace yourself but...

That little riff George Harrison plays is different every time. It sounds the same but it's different.

There! I've said it!
Don't know if I am the last person in the world to notice this or, more likely, the only sad bastard in the world who cares.
Anyway, it's been on my mind for the last hour. So I thought I'd set it free here rather than, you know, in the real world, where they have needles and straight jackets and stuff.

mad4city said:
Sorry, I can't provide a link but well, if you can't lay your hands on a copy of this particular song, your opinion is pretty much invalid to me anyway. So, I've just been listening to it and, brace yourself but...

That little riff George Harrison plays is different every time. It sounds the same but it's different.

There! I've said it!
Don't know if I am the last person in the world to notice this or, more likely, the only sad bastard in the world who cares.
Anyway, it's been on my mind for the last hour. So I thought I'd set it free here rather than, you know, in the real world, where they have needles and straight jackets and stuff.

[bigimg]http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss209/themeaningoflifeisnot/633784540862350830-crack.jpg[/bigimg]

Thanks Bob for posting the video.

Challenger1978 said:
[bigimg]http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss209/themeaningoflifeisnot/633784540862350830-crack.jpg[/bigimg]
:-)
Don't do pharmaceuticals. Don't need to. Lack of sleep provides all the highs I need today. We have a five year old who shoehorned himself in between his mother and myself last night. I swear he kicked the shite out of me.

I suppose its a compliment to the Beatles that on the 1000th listen, to what is after all just a pop song, there's still something new to discover.

mad4city said:

There! I've said it!

Yes I think your right !

There is a slight difference, whether it was meant or not we'll never know, ie Ringo never played the same fill twice on a record (on purpose)
There are also mistakes on other tracks, take the B side to She Loves You - I'll Get You. John sings 'Change Your Mind' and Paul (and George?) sing 'Make You Mine'. They all have ears and certainly George Martin has them... Why didn't they repair this mistakes?

Anyway what a great song She Loves You is. The sheer energy of the opening along with the strong harmony vocals tells the music world that this band has something to say, its an incredibly hard song to sing like they did, sounds easy, but its not, we spent hours trying to get it right in a tribute band I was in once, in the end our voices got too tired and we gave up.

Your definitely not the only sad bastard who cares, Im a mod on a Beatles forum and we dissect they're songs quite a bit, I will bring this to the attention of the other sad bastards :)

mad4city said:

There! I've said it!

It's a fantastic track, probably my favourite of all time by any band. I never get tired of it, even now, well over 35 years since I first heard it. Electrifying from start to finish, from opening with the chorus to ending on a 6th, both innovations virtually unheard of before. And the measure of it (and the same goes for "I wanna hold your hand"), is that it's virtually impossible to emulate. Whilst you can replicate some Beatles songs pretty faithfully and put your own mark on others, I've never seen anyone come close to capturing the essence or excitement of "She loves you", and very few even bother to try. Stuart Maconie has it in his "50 most influential British songs" (or something similar) book, and describes it roughly as the moment the country switched from the buttoned up era of MacMillan to the swinging sixties. Sounds about right

I am so astounded that no one has done a thread on Brian Wilson!!!

But yeah she loves you was good too ;)

She loves you is my favourite single of all time.

It has everything, great lyrics, energy and a feel good factor.

The first single I ever bought in 1963.

(6s/ 4d from Wheeler's stores in Gorton Cross Street)....:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.