About time someone said how it is.

MCFC-alan88

They did it with Fabregas for years, I hate the way they do business. A bunch of slimy bastards.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ar...ing-bunch-faced-chisellers-Martin-Samuel.html

Barcelona are a conniving bunch of two-faced chisellers (and Bale's in their sights!)
By MARTIN SAMUEL
Last updated at 12:14 AM on 21st November 2011
Comments (10)
Add to My Stories

Barcelona are not interested in Gareth Bale. Yet, suddenly, Bale is interested in Barcelona. See what they did there? It was the old switcheroo.
Like all shameless hustlers, they’re brilliant at it. Sandro Rosell, the Barcelona president, pompously announced his club would never pay €40million for Bale. Yet this means they would pay something. So Bale was asked if he fancied Barcelona; and who wouldn’t? Yes, he said. And now the game is on.

If Tottenham Hotspur confront Rosell, however, he will play the wide-eyed innocent and claim he only said Barcelona wouldn’t buy Bale, not that they would. Clever, isn’t it? Barcelona boast of being more than a club and this is true. They’re also a conniving bunch of two-faced chisellers wrapped in a cloak of sanctimonious drivel.
‘While I am president, Barcelona will never, ever be for sale,’ said Rosell, a man whose team are now sponsored by the Qatar Foundation, so are effectively promoting a bent World Cup. ‘We are not owned by anybody, we are an association, we do not have clients. I will never put on a game at noon for a Chinese audience. Barcelona is not a business; it is a feeling.’
So what was Barcelona feeling by the time Rosell hit a conference in Doha last week? It was feeling that unless UEFA bowed to a demand to increase the endless rounds of European fixtures between the established elite, at the expense of domestic competitions and the international calendar, Barcelona might just try to spearhead a breakaway of the biggest and richest clubs.
So not a business, then. Not the usual greedy, grasping, selfish, bullying band of charlatan brothers who would sell their grandmother at the first sniff of a few quid more; although there is one hell of a family resemblance.
Rosell’s plans include the reduction of major leagues from 20 clubs to 16 — fine when you have the domestic television deal tied up as tightly in your favour as Barcelona do — and a massive reduction in the space for international matches.

Ambitious plans: Sandro Rosell (left) has his eyes on the reform of European football
‘The freed dates are not for the federations,’ Rosell added, ‘but for the clubs to organise friendly games or to increase European competitions.’
So Rosell would never kick off at noon for China; but he would sell wonderful, historic tournaments like the World Cup, European Championship and Africa Cup of Nations down the river, so that Barcelona could pop over to Asia to play the local also-rans, or participate in a meaningless friendly game against Manchester United in Shanghai for the dough.

‘If we did not have to fight against competition which has capital, I would never sell anything on the shirt,’ Rosell bleated. Yet if Manchester City could take one third of the total television revenue in England — as Barcelona do in Spain — they probably would not have needed oil money to compete. It is all relative. Barcelona already have every advantage of the well-padded elite club, and will only be made stronger by Michael Platini’s financial fair play rules, but still they want more.
‘We would like to increase the Champions League,’ Rosell added, ‘and if not then the European Club Association are entitled to organise their own champions’ competition.’
No they’re not.
All competitions must be sanctioned by the domestic associations, through UEFA and ultimately FIFA. Yet Rosell is so full of entitlement he talks as if this is an irrelevance; much like the four clubs that would be cut loose once Barcelona have redesigned the Premier League for us; much like the figure Tottenham can legitimately ask for their best player.
It is all to be brushed aside for the greater glory of Barcelona. Nice football, shame about the club

Every club is guilty of it.

Spurs can hardly be upset if one of their players is tapped up, because they employ one of the most prolific offenders.

I (same as everyone) admire the way that Barca play football. However, their new C.E.O (not sure if his role is called that, but something similar) is an atrocious human being. He talks about how it is unfair how some teams receive large investment from their owners, yet fails to mention how Barcelona receive a third of all of the T.V revenue in the Primera. His talks about reducing the amount of teams in the top flight to have more in the Champions League is a joke as well (even if it would benefit Spurs). Not to mention how much Barca dive and cheat! That Champions league game against Chavski a couple of years back was possibly the most disgraceful refereeing i have ever seen. There was some crazy statistic that over the past three years there have been 40 red cards for teams against Barca, but only 3 for them (or something ridiculous). Just the way they dive and harass the referee makes me hate them.

moomba said:
Every club is guilty of it.

Spurs can hardly be upset if one of their players is tapped up, because they employ one of the most prolific offenders.

I'm not particularly interested in the target of their current interest, it's more directed at the way they conduct their transfer dealings.

MCFC-alan88 said:
I'm not particularly interested in the target of their current interest, it's more directed at the way they conduct their transfer dealings.

Like I said, everyone is guilty of it. Even our good selves.

moomba said:
MCFC-alan88 said:

Indeed, but the difference between yourselves and Barca is the fact that Barca are far more prolific at it.

moomba said:
MCFC-alan88 said:

Who? I'm not doubting you, I just can't think of any off the top of my head.

What annoys me though, is they way they conduct it. They just set the ball rolling with some comment from left field and then sort of say, "Who, me?" and let the player force his way to them for some pushed down price, because lets face it, unless you are us, most teams simply cannot afford to keep a player that has had his head turned, or is unhappy.

MCFC-alan88 said:
moomba said:
MCFC-alan88 said:

What annoys me though, is they way they conduct it. They just set the ball rolling with some comment from left field and then sort of say, "Who, me?" and let the player force his way to them for some pushed down price.

Didn't you "declare" your intest with Nasri in much the same way as Barca have with Bale (correct me if i'm wrong), and there was the RVP thing as well. Not that i care about scum players, tap more of them up please! The more unsettled they are the better :D

Speaker said:
MCFC-alan88 said:
moomba said:

What annoys me though, is they way they conduct it. They just set the ball rolling with some comment from left field and then sort of say, "Who, me?" and let the player force his way to them for some pushed down price.

Didn't you "declare" your intest with Nasri in much the same way as Barca have with Bale (correct me if i'm wrong), and there was the RVP thing as well. Not that i care about scum players, tap more of them up please! The more unsettled they are the better :D

But in the end, we still paid £24mil for someone in the last year of his contract and from what I recall, there's been no official comment of any kind on RVP? Where as the Barca president came out and said "£40m? no way!" from out of nowhere.

Whilst I'm not stating that we didn't do it. It's just a case of Barca do it to push down the price by making the player push their interest for them.

Speaker said:
MCFC-alan88 said:
moomba said:

<br /><br />-- Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:55 pm --<br /><br />
schumey04 said:
Speaker said:
MCFC-alan88 said:

Nasri had said in June he wanted to go to City ...Wenger drew the whole affair out and it turned into a mess with mancini asked at ever interview ''what about Nasri''. City handle their business well since the whole Lescott disaster

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.