AC Milan & FFP - Update p10

Gee, I’m kind of torn. On the one hand I want FFP to fail finally and comprehensively, but on the other, seeing a set of bastards like Milan a-snivelling and a-begging is delicious. I won’t forget how they sneered at us over Kaka. As to whether UEFA will levy a meaningful punishment against one of their precious ‘history’ clubs, that remains to be seen......

I'm definitely torn because Milan have been my Italian team since 1968: those read and black stripes and a holiday to Italy... But, since we became true rivals to other European sides, any affection - which has always paled compared to City - has diminished. Their behaviour over the Kaka deal was indeed mighty irritating.

Ultimately, my opposition to FFP (as constructed) means I'd love to see someone take UEFA to court.

Interesting situation.

I'm definitely torn because Milan have been my Italian team since 1968: those read and black stripes and a holiday to Italy... But, since we became true rivals to other European sides, any affection - which has always paled compared to City - has diminished. Their behaviour over the Kaka deal was indeed mighty irritating.

Ultimately, my opposition to FFP (as constructed) means I'd love to see someone take UEFA to court.

Interesting situation.

Am I the only one who doesn't think their "behaviour" over the Kaka deal was particularly out of order? The way I see it is that they were open to selling him, and Kaka was open to coming to us, but once their fans turned up en masse outside his apartment begging him not to go then the club and Kaka had a re-think. It's no biggie and I can understand how the situation changed once the fans got involved and had their say.

As for the FFP stuff though, the irony is delicious. AC Milan were rumoured to be one of the clubs who not only supported FFP in it's original form, but when they realised they were being hamstrung by FFP 1.0, they asked for the rules to be relaxed to allow the kind of investment that we ourselves were punished for. So to hear that, even with a new set of FFP regs that should be more beneficial to them under their new owners and the new regs, they've still managed to fuck things up for themselves is nothing short of hilarious.

While I too am torn between UEFA and AC Milan on this, I think it's worth pointing out that when you read up on why they're in trouble with UEFA then for me this is how FFP ought to have been brought in - UEFA are concerned that the club won't be able to repay a loan that is rumoured to be at exorbitant interest rates. This for me is what FFP should be primarily about - clubs not over-stretching and mortgaging themselves to the hilt. And to be fair, UEFA have banned clubs from Europe since the inception of FFP for not paying their bills owed to other clubs - they take a dimmer view of this than benevolent owners such as ours investing vast sums of money into football clubs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.