AC Milan pull out of Europa League

They've been banned by the Court Abitration for Sport. Not withdrawn themselves.

Not so. Milan have come to an agreement with UEFA to withdraw from the Europa League (which is exactly what they wanted) and CAS have merely ratified this agreement by issuing a 'Consent Award' and setting aside earlier decisions made by UEFA's Investigatory and Adjudicatory Chambers. UEFA have agreed to end its FFP proceedings against the club for overspending in 2016-18.

These bastards were one of the driving forces behind FFP but when they fell foul of it they've managed to escape punishment.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...wn-europa-league-following-one-year-uefa-ban/

No one wants to be in the Europa League anyway, good result for Milan

Not so. Milan have come to an agreement with UEFA to withdraw from the Europa League (which is exactly what they wanted) and CAS have merely ratified this agreement by issuing a 'Consent Award' and setting aside earlier decisions made by UEFA's Investigatory and Adjudicatory Chambers. UEFA have agreed to end its FFP proceedings against the club for overspending in 2016-18.

These bastards were one of the driving forces behind FFP but when they fell foul of it they've managed to escape punishment.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...wn-europa-league-following-one-year-uefa-ban/
So, they've deliberately overspent knowing they won't be in the Champions League, and not wanting to go into the Europa League, wanted to resign from the competition or agree with UEFA that they would take a one year ban?

That cannot be right.
It's similar to a player taking a deliberate yellow to get a one match ban in a UEFA competition to clear himself to play in the next round.

UEFA agreeing to this is shocking. The 2018 accounts cannot be ready just yet for UEFA to inspect.
They should force them into Europa until full investigation done and then discuss a penalty with Milan, as they did with us and PSG where we suffered a heavy fine, and a reduced playing squad in their competitions.

They're just agreeing with Milan and I presume after the meeting was over, they shook hands and it was, 'see you next year in the Champions League lads'!

Would be great if they didn't qualify. Cheats

So, they've deliberately overspent knowing they won't be in the Champions League, and not wanting to go into the Europa League, wanted to resign from the competition or agree with UEFA that they would take a one year ban?

That cannot be right.
It's similar to a player taking a deliberate yellow to get a one match ban in a UEFA competition to clear himself to play in the next round.

UEFA agreeing to this is shocking. The 2018 accounts cannot be ready just yet for UEFA to inspect.
They should force them into Europa until full investigation done and then discuss a penalty with Milan, as they did with us and PSG where we suffered a heavy fine, and a reduced playing squad in their competitions.

They're just agreeing with Milan and I presume after the meeting was over, they shook hands and it was, 'see you next year in the Champions League lads'!

Would be great if they didn't qualify. Cheats
TBH I hate the UEFA brand and all its competitions. I really wish City would tell them to shove their CL up their arse. Wouldn't lose a moment of sleep if we did!

It's not as if the big Italian clubs bother with the EL.

UEFA probably happy the club took the 'deliberate yellow card' as it makes them look like they are tough. Could also be used as precedence, I guess, considering our case. I imagine both parties are quite happy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.