Academy Pathway to the First Team

No striker in the first team squad, Delap should be given the chance, he may struggle with the responsibility but it will be a more valuable experience in the long run than a loan to some shit team and who's to say the lad won't smash the goals in.
It's crazy that he hasn't been given more minutes,and it's even crazier that he isn't in the CL squad.

I'm very confident the kid has the character to succeed,and he wouldn't let anyone down.

Just gonna bump this as i feel now,more than ever,it's of relevance and warrants serious discussion/thought.

A series of factors are seeing members of our first team struggling for form and fitness,and Pep is lacking quality alternatives to address such.

So.....given the wealth of talent and optimism within the academy,why are we not promoting and utilising more of our kids?

We all know the names,IMO at least 3 of them could have had an impact yesterday.

There will never be a better time to go down this route.
Depends on your definition of 'promoting' but Delap, Doyle, Cole, Nmecha, Bernabe & Harwood-Bellis have all been in the squad if not on the bench and/or getting minutes so far this season. Yes you could possibly argue if not for CV19 and it's resultant knock-on effects they wouldn't be there, but they are regardless. Getting actual minutes is a different discussion but they are learning by training with the squad.

Well Pep will not put Mahrez on the bench to give some game time to Jayden Braaf. Simple as that.

All I hope we can see Delap starting a game for City before next round of Carabao/FA Cup but that may not happen even with Kun/Jesus out injured as again Sterling, Mahrez, Foden will be played centrally most likely.
And where exactly is Jayden Braaf to be put on the bench? Considering he's not played a single minute at any level how would that work?

Depends on your definition of 'promoting' but Delap, Doyle, Cole, Nmecha, Bernabe & Harwood-Bellis have all been in the squad if not on the bench and/or getting minutes so far this season. Yes you could possibly argue if not for CV19 and it's resultant knock-on effects they wouldn't be there, but they are regardless. Getting actual minutes is a different discussion but they are learning by training with the squad.
By promotion i mean playing regular minutes.Yesterday,and in the game against Porto,there was no reason Doyle and Palmer should not have been included.

No one,worth listening to,will criticise Pep for trying this route.

I think we have been lacking energy and a bit of passion in our side.

foden provides that - yesterday in particular and so would our other youngsters

someone like Doyle should be given a chance in midfield. He would offer us that energy and in my opinion do just as good a job as Gundogan. Palmer on the wing as well.

It's crazy that he hasn't been given more minutes,and it's even crazier that he isn't in the CL squad.

I'm very confident the kid has the character to succeed,and he wouldn't let anyone down.
Well, you will get no argument from me about that.

I thought as a youth he could be added without being in the full champs league squad a B list player?

If this is not the case then it is utter stupidity by the club tbh, it isn't as if they didn't know Aguero was injured already.

And where exactly is Jayden Braaf to be put on the bench? Considering he's not played a single minute at any level how would that work?
I guess that is the point, how can this player not have been included to sit on the league cup bench for starters?

Will the club learn nothing from the Sancho fiasco?

I guess that is the point, how can this player not have been included to sit on the league cup bench for starters?

Will the club learn nothing from the Sancho fiasco?
I think you missed my point, he must be injured as he's not been seen since the restart of last season. I think they brought him back early to be involved but he had to self isolate and it would appear he still is.

After 5 games and the fans revolting after a 1-1 draw at WHU I doubt any youngsters will be given a chance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.