Accents

Lavinda Past said:
Try getting a cockney to say plastic bath... F*cks em up good and proper.

I have these arguments with my mate at work, he's on your side what with me being southern and him being from Middleton but I managed to find one that even gets you lot.

Say Banana.

No Rs in that either but I've not met many who don't pronounce them.

Lucky13 said:
Lavinda Past said:
Try getting a cockney to say plastic bath... F*cks em up good and proper.

No it don't and whats with likkle , it's , little.

Yes it does - Anyway, what's wrong with likkle? If it bothers you that much, just try it in a sentence like "look at all that smoke comin from that likkle chimley"

Proper.

The way a person speaks is colloquial, and the different accents and grammatical quirks should be celebrated rather than cringed at. That is until you go anywhere near the South East, where they all sound like Del Boy. Fucking awful noise.

Just because the BBC introduced a form of Received Pronunciation doesn't mean we all have to speak like that. Using your example of the French sounding 'garaarje', who on Earth decided it should be pronounced like that?

Butter vs Batter, they pronounce them almost identical (as batter) in West London, the same way you would pronounce

They put batter on their bread, we put it on fish!

Turning the tables, why does every shop have 'ies' on the end in South Manchester. Okay for Wilkies as it's short for Wilkinsons but...

Marksies and Bootsies, wtf?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.