acdc

lazerblue

being an old fucker, back in the 70s I was into led zep and saw them at earls court in 75 and at the time I put acdc down as upstarts and never took much notice of em, even tho I had a mate who had the acdc logo tattooed on his arse. but in the last few yrs ive been listening to acdc more and more and I think ive missed out.
but I was just wondering what you all thought would be your best ever line up considering the changes in the past for whatever reason.

being an old fucker, back in the 70s I was into led zep and saw them at earls court in 75 and at the time I put acdc down as upstarts and never took much notice of em, even tho I had a mate who had the acdc logo tattooed on his arse. but in the last few yrs ive been listening to acdc more and more and I think ive missed out.
but I was just wondering what you all thought would be your best ever line up considering the changes in the past for whatever reason.

Love AC/DC, one of my favourite bands.
The line up I like best is
Brian Johnson, lead vocals
Angus Young, lead guitar,
Malcom Young, rhythm guitar
Cliff Williams, bass
Chris Slade, drums

For what it is worth, "You shook me all night long" is overplayed, and not really a very good song, IMO. "Thunderstruck", is underapprecaited. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, Thunderstruck, or Shoot to Thrill are my 3 favourite songs of theirs.

I'd stick with your initial thoughts on them ..... one trick pony, recycling the same old song over and over again for decades .... Saw them live with Scott (Electric Circus and Apollo) and with Johnson (MK Bowl) and to me it all melded into one song by the end of the gig .... they don't deserve mentioning in the same breath as the music that Led Zeppelin made .... but each to their own an' all that ...

Best album Powerage

Best line up
Bon Scott
Angus Young
Malcom Young
Cliff Williams
Phil Rudd

Best album - Back in Black.

Although Brian Johnson got credit along with the Youngs for writing on the album I have no doubt a large chunk and if not all of it was already written by Bon Scott. Not the proudest moment in the bands history as far as I'm concerned but I love the album and there aren't many weeks in the last 30 odd years I haven't listened to it.

Brian Johnson
Angus Young
Malcolm Young
Cliff Williams
Phil Rudd.

I nominated it in a "best intro" thread on here a few years back. Just wish the Aussie loon would get rid of the schoolboy uniform; he's 60 now. That's even (considerably) older than me, FFS!
Played in a band in high school and the lead guitar lad was brilliant. He had a Gibson, so did the main guy from stereophonics. Tenuous link maybe but that's how I started listening to ac/dc, my mate had a Gibson. The uniform is the gimmick, that ain't going away any time soon!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.