Achraf Hakimi

Sack off FFS, Cancelo to RW, this lad at RWB.

The last thing you want is Cancelo to the RW.

Whenever a defensive player does well in attack, there's always a rush of people saying they should be moved further forward - it's the same with Stones to CM.

But what that does is remove what makes them stand out. There's a million CMs as good as John Stones on the ball, but there's only a few CB's. What makes him special is not the quality, but the quality in that position. Similarly, there are a lot of RW's and attacking midfielders better than Cancelo, what separates him is that he does it from RB, so he's an extra man, he's doing things from a badly defended area of the pitch and he's creating a numerical advantage because they have the same number of defenders, but suddenly we have another player in attack compared to Walker or a normal RB.

Besides if Cancelo plays RW then he has to stand out on the RW for 80% of the game to provide width. He can't come into midfield. He can't make late runs into the box, they'd just be normal winger runs and defenders would track him, rather than the forwards who aren't following him 40 yards from RB. And he's not a great finisher.

It was tried at Valencia. He was young, but it didn't work.

The last thing you want is Cancelo to the RW.

Whenever a defensive player does well in attack, there's always a rush of people saying they should be moved further forward - it's the same with Stones to CM.

But what that does is remove what makes them stand out. There's a million CMs as good as John Stones on the ball, but there's only a few CB's. What makes him special is not the quality, but the quality in that position. Similarly, there are a lot of RW's and attacking midfielders better than Cancelo, what separates him is that he does it from RB, so he's an extra man, he's doing things from a badly defended area of the pitch and he's creating a numerical advantage because they have the same number of defenders, but suddenly we have another player in attack compared to Walker or a normal RB.

Besides if Cancelo plays RW then he has to stand out on the RW for 80% of the game to provide width. He can't come into midfield. He can't make late runs into the box, they'd just be normal winger runs and defenders would track him, rather than the forwards who aren't following him 40 yards from RB. And he's not a great finisher.

It was tried at Valencia. He was young, but it didn't work.
Exactly. I remember when Pep put Dani Alves on the wing a few times at Barca, it didn't work.

I feel like he's a combination of Walker and Cancelo but not as good as either when it comes to their strengths. One on one defending, Walker is lightyears ahead. On the ball, Cancelo is lightyears ahead. He's possibly quicker than Walker and better with his left than Cancelo but it's not like we need those attributes.

I do really rate him though. Whoever gets him will be getting a fantastic young talent.

Cancelo
Walker
Couto

I think the club doesn't need to sign any RB for the next 10 years.

Apparently Inter can't afford to keep him. They bought him for €40m but missed the first €10m payment a couple of weeks ago. Madrid has given them until March to pay it, but they might have to sell him in the summer to pay Madrid.

Arsenal should buy him.

We have a great balance in Cancelo and Walker, with Porro, Couto and a bunch of other big prospects. No need for Hakimi.
Which for me is why it is all about Cancelo, if he wants to play on the left, a position i think he is better at then Hakimi could maintain the standard set on the right

None of this. Can we just sign an actual left-back. We're clearly fine at RB.
Who ? have we been looking for the last four years? there are a few top quality about but it is unlikely that we could get them at a realistic price, Cancelo has put in some of the best left back displays in Europe this season, the list of who can better him is quite small.

His final product is far superior to any of our fullbacks.
He made Sancho a better player with his constant overlaps and link-up play. He like Cancelo is equally as good on either side and also like Cancelo for all the getting forward tthey don't abandon their defensive duties.

Be mad not to go for him, him and Joao on either side would be magical.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.