ACON City's defense

onceabluealways

When the ACON start we will be without Kolo Toure.

Until a month ago I would not have seen this as an issue but Mancini seems to have a problem with lescott and there are rumours he may even go out on loan.

Komps appears to have a recurring nigly injury which would leave us really lacking for centre backs, if it turns into anything longer term.

This means one of two things, either

Mancini has someone lined up to come in very soon
Mancini may have to put his faith back into Lescott who he doesn't seem to want to play at the moment.

Whatever it is a worrying thought and one that needs sorting soon.

I'm not even sure if Lescott and Nastasic have ever played together at the back.

Any thoughts?

The only reason Kolo gets in ahead of Lescott is because he is right footed. That's also why he came on when Kompany got injured in the derby. The choice is one of
Kolo/Kompany with one of Nastasic/Lescott and Nastasic gets the vote at the moment.

Can't see another CB coming in Jan coz I don't think we have room in the 25 and unless he's English. It would also leave us with 5 CB's going for 2 positions after Jan. I suspect the back up plan is to play Garcia.

Mental_blue said:
The only reason Kolo gets in ahead of Lescott is because he is right footed. That's also why he came on when Kompany got injured in the derby. The choice is one of
Kolo/Kompany with one of Nastasic/Lescott and Nastasic gets the vote at the moment.

Can't see another CB coming in Jan coz I don't think we have room in the 25 and unless he's English. It would also leave us with 5 CB's going for 2 positions after Jan. I suspect the back up plan is to play Garcia.

just about to write something very similar.

The Man With The Stick said:
I thought Boyata might go out on loan again... hardly played at twente, probably needs game time. Dont think bein part of that leaky Bolton defence did him any favours.

Keep him untill Febuary as 4th choice then loan him out when Kolo gets back maybe? We are only fighting on two fronts now so think we might be ok

Mental_blue said:

I really don't know how it is so difficult for people (fans and media) not to understand this. There is no issue with lescott. He doesn't have an issue, (yes obvious dissapointment he can't get play time) but he understands that Nastasic got in due to his injury, and hasn't put a foot wrong since. It's healthy compitition. Kolo is getting some form and is providing strong support for Kompany. I don't think Mancini has an issue with Lescott and vice versa. All the squad seem to be of the correct mindset of rotation and horses for courses.

Too many people hear without listening and watch without seeing. Its so easy to jump on the bandwagon.

Mental_blue said:

Or Richards of course if he's fit...

He's fast tracked Nasty, this means Lescott missed a few games but he's fresh now for winter when we need him. Everyone fights for places now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.