Actor with the greatest range

chesterbells

Just had a look at previous threads on actors. and didn’t fancy adding to worst Corrie actor etc.

So this isnt who is your favourite or best actor, but who has/had the greatest range, which for me is a great measure of talent.
We all have favourites, but some of them basically played themselves or variations on a set persona every time they were on screen.

What I’m wondering here, is who was/is the most versatile, could/can play the hero, the villain, an action hero, a romantic lead, and carry it off with conviction?

Laurence Olivier, Brando, or Orson Welles perhaps? Guinness? (yes, I’ve had a couple).

Was thinking earlier what a great great actor Paul Newman was for example, but I can’t think of a role
where he played a proper baddie.

For the sake of clarity here, I’m thinking actors, not actresses.

Just had a look at previous threads on actors. and didn’t fancy adding to worst Corrie actor etc.

So this isnt who is your favourite or best actor, but who has/had the greatest range, which for me is a great measure of talent.
We all have favourites, but some of them basically played themselves or variations on a set persona every time they were on screen.

What I’m wondering here, is who was/is the most versatile, could/can play the hero, the villain, an action hero, a romantic lead, and carry it off with conviction?

Laurence Olivier, Brando, or Orson Welles perhaps? Guinness? (yes, I’ve had a couple).

Was thinking earlier what a great great actor Paul Newman was for example, but I can’t think of a role
where he played a proper baddie.

For the sake of clarity here, I’m thinking actors, not actresses.
Newman played a baddie in Road To Perdition

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.