Adam Johnson (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: At least we made a profit on AJ!

St Ives blue said:
Whilst I'm disappointed to see Adam Johnson go I can understand his reasons for wanting regular first team football. And at least we made a profit on him!

Without researching in depth, I can't remember a time in the recent past when we actually made a reasonable profit on a player. For example, we bought Anelka for something like £12m, sold him to Bolton for £7m only for them to sell him on for £15m.

We pretty much broke even selling Jerome Boetang but this week lost a fortune giving Adebayour to Spurs.

Anyone remember us making a decent profit since selling Gio to Ajaz? (and that was only £5m!)

ps. apart from SWP!!!!!

Slight correction for on Anelka SIB we sold him to play in the Turkish League with Fenerbache.

We were a club running on a shoe string after many relatively expensive purchases were sanctioned for KK .

Anelka had lost interest in playing for us and no doubt we offloaded him for much less than what we paid for him.

Your general summary of what we paid for players as opposed to what we have released them for is not far off the mark.

SWP to Chelsea aside we haven't made any money of any note on players we have bought in and subsequently sold.

If am confident for example that QPR paid a deal less for SWP than we paid Chelsea for him.

We are going to have to get much better at ensuring we are far more prudent in the transfer market in future windows than we have been in the past for many good reasons and I am confident we will even if some of our suporters who believe we are a cash cow when it comes to spending in the transfer market should continue as it has in the past because of the capacity of our owners to fund such purchases will grow impatient.

I see everywhere this 10m deal. Any source saying 10m+5m?

Selling him for 10m would be a huge mistake considering who he was when we got him form a Championship club and who he is now. Maybe he didnt imrpove that much as we wanted but he became a good player international also.
He is English so his price should reflect that too.

GoMancini7 said:

Selling him for 10m would be a huge mistake considering who he was when we got him form a Championship club and who he is now. Maybe he didnt imrpove that much as we wanted but he became a good player international also.

If it was 10m?------how come Matt Jarvis went for 10.75m. FFS AJ's younger and a current England international. We have some naff salesmen at the helm.[how much did Liverpool pay for Downing?]

lunebleu said:
GoMancini7 said:

If it was 10m?------how come Matt Jarvis went for 10.75m. FFS AJ's younger and a current England international. We have some naff salesmen at the helm.[how much did Liverpool pay for Downing?]
Undisclosed but reports I have read say £10m plus up to £5m add ons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.