Adam Johnson guilty - 6 year sentence

He'd have got about 2 years max if he wasn't who he was.
Agreed, but it's worth mentioning that who he was is part of the crime. He was accused of using his position as a successful footballer to groom a young girl who was a fan, if I remember rightly. It's like how a teacher who grooms a student is likely to get a tougher sentence than an ordinary person.

Agreed, but it's worth mentioning that who he was is part of the crime. He was accused of using his position as a successful footballer to groom a young girl who was a fan, if I remember rightly. It's like how a teacher who grooms a student is likely to get a tougher sentence than an ordinary person.

Unless they’re a female teacher! There does not seem to be any consistency, pretty much like PL referees.

He did this in this country where it's against the law to groom and have sexual contact with a kid under 16,stop making excuses for him
Haha fucking hell. it’s not like he had an ongoing sexual relationship with prepubescent children for years. Although if he could sing and dance a bit then I’m sure you’d be defending him like you do with Michael Jackson (“he never had a childhood”/“yeah it’s strange sharing a bed with an 8 year old but I don’t think it was sexual” etc etc despite all the claims to the contrary from the victims themselves).

I think they’re both terrible people. I just find it amusing how some will defend what appears to me to be indefensible simply because they were/are a fan of that particular nonce. It goes far beyond hypocrisy.

Last edited:
Rather than making excuses, he's providing context and perspective to someone's (unacceptable) behaviour who has been (absurdly) described as a 'monster'.

Some of the responses on this thread merely serve to undermine my point about the manifest challenges in engaging in any form of rational debate around this subject.
Well said.

Haha fucking hell. it’s not like he had an ongoing sexual relationship with prepubescent children for years. Although if he could sing and dance a bit then I’m sure you’d be defending him like you do with Michael Jackson (“he never had a childhood”/“yeah it’s strange sharing a bed with an 8 year old but I don’t think it was sexual” etc etc despite all the claims to the contrary from the victims themselves).

I think they’re both terrible people. I just find it amusing how some will defend what appears to me to be indefensible simply because they were/are a fan of that particular nonce. It goes far beyond hypocrisy.

And manipulated those children even into adulthood! But that's ok! WTF seriously sometimes people talk absolute shit.
AJ is a fucking fool and has served his time, Jackson got away with all he had done but Karen7 likes his Bad Album so it's all gravy.

He did this in this country where it's against the law to groom and have sexual contact with a kid under 16,stop making excuses for him

That makes you look an idiot.
It is against the Law to groom and molest children in the United States too.
So Stop making excuses for an actual pedo.

That makes you look an idiot.
It is against the Law to groom and molest children in the United States too.
So Stop making excuses for an actual pedo.
It’s like castigating someone for doing 35 in a 30 once on his moped, but at the same time defending someone who repeatedly does 50 along the same stretch of road, because he has a nice car.

It’s like castigating someone for doing 35 in a 30 once on his moped, but at the same time defending someone who repeatedly does 50 along the same stretch of road, because he has a nice car.
Hopefully nobody starts complaining about the speed limit or all hell will break loose.

Oh Karen. You must live in such a righteous world. Imagine Johno's left leg being better than Mahrez. ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.