Adam Johnson to Liverpool?

citizens_1976 said:
The criticism of Adam Johnson on this forum actually winds me up. He certainly isnt shit, he certainly isnt average, he is a bloody good player. People who question his intelligence on a football field are cretins. His off the ball movement in comparison to most wingers is sublime. Them little diagonal runs he makes across the box or across the defenders cause absolute havoc. He is a superb dribbler, he is great to watch and when he played for us last season, we looked a far better side with him in the team. He gives us width and when he did not play last season, we were very narrow and very predictable to watch. He might not be super consistent, but neither are Nani and Bale, wingers don't tend to be really consistent. He is a decent passer of the ball as well, for some people to question his vision is pretty ridiculous really. Does Ashley Young have fantastic vision? Does Gareth Bale have fantastic vision? I would actually like people to name me a winger with "fantastic" vision because there are few and far between in todays game. I cannot understand why he is the scapegoat, i really like him as a player and i thought other City fans would like him too, but i guess people want to get on his back every time he has a bad game and to be honest, i don't think he has that many bad games either. I know it might be a stupid thing to say, but he was more consistent than Milner, Balotelli, Dzeko and Kolarov last season, even if they were new signings and i do not see them getting the same amount of criticism.

AJ is a quality player, lay off the lad and get behind him.

AJ geat plus is that he has a great football brain. He usually picks out the right pass and is movement is excellent. What I think we should be doing with him is moving him up front. He can finish, is quick and he good movement. Wenger did it with Henry, AJ could also do it.

peterctid said:
citizens_1976 said:
The criticism of Adam Johnson on this forum actually winds me up. He certainly isnt shit, he certainly isnt average, he is a bloody good player. People who question his intelligence on a football field are cretins. His off the ball movement in comparison to most wingers is sublime. Them little diagonal runs he makes across the box or across the defenders cause absolute havoc. He is a superb dribbler, he is great to watch and when he played for us last season, we looked a far better side with him in the team. He gives us width and when he did not play last season, we were very narrow and very predictable to watch. He might not be super consistent, but neither are Nani and Bale, wingers don't tend to be really consistent. He is a decent passer of the ball as well, for some people to question his vision is pretty ridiculous really. Does Ashley Young have fantastic vision? Does Gareth Bale have fantastic vision? I would actually like people to name me a winger with "fantastic" vision because there are few and far between in todays game. I cannot understand why he is the scapegoat, i really like him as a player and i thought other City fans would like him too, but i guess people want to get on his back every time he has a bad game and to be honest, i don't think he has that many bad games either. I know it might be a stupid thing to say, but he was more consistent than Milner, Balotelli, Dzeko and Kolarov last season, even if they were new signings and i do not see them getting the same amount of criticism.

AJ geat plus is that he has a great football brain. He usually picks out the right pass and is movement is excellent. What I think we should be doing with him is moving him up front. He can finish, is quick and he good movement. Wenger did it with Henry, AJ could also do it.

Mmm i am not too sure about moving him up front, but i do agree that he does have a pretty good football brain, especially for a winger. His movement is class and it is a shame people do not take notice. He is a quality player for our squad at least, to sell him would be silly.

Too many people just want to offload the homegrown talent and buy exotic names from around Europe. We aren't playing football manager.

citizens_1976 said:

Let's just hope he kicks on this season then....like he was supposed to last season,<br /><br />-- Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:28 pm --<br /><br />
citizens_1976 said:
peterctid said:
citizens_1976 said:

Mmm i am not too sure about moving him up front, but i do agree that he does have a pretty good football brain, especially for a winger. His movement is class and it is a shame people do not take notice. He is a quality player for our squad at least, to sell him would be silly.

Too many people just want to offload the homegrown talent and buy exotic names from around Europe. We aren't playing football manager.

Seriously? What has that got to do with it? I am guessing you are the same guy making those ridiculous unfounded statements in the other AJ thread last week. I thought it was people's obsession with SWP that was the cause of it?

If he was a Brazilian called Johnsinho, had a tan and we had bought him from Barcelona for £15M then some of the burks here giving Johno grief would be hailing him as a god.

Love AJ and if he leaves I will be truly saddened. I think he was rushed back from injury due to no our need for width at the time, he will come good

Mancini said he's staying and Johnno has stated he's ready to fight for a place..

all good as far as Im concerned.

samharris said:
Mancini said he's staying and Johnno has stated he's ready to fight for a place..

all good as far as Im concerned.

this is the 2nd time it's happened, though. Last year, quite early in the season, AJ said something to the media about playing time and then the OS had to come out with a story saying how it was misinterpreted and all he wants to do is fight for a spot. You know, standard PR type stuff.

I think he'll be off next summer (2012).

SamTheGuru said:
citizens_1976 said:

Let's just hope he kicks on this season then....like he was supposed to last season,

-- Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:28 pm --

citizens_1976 said:
peterctid said:

Seriously? What has that got to do with it? I am guessing you are the same guy making those ridiculous unfounded statements in the other AJ thread last week. I thought it was people's obsession with SWP that was the cause of it?

Johnson did not do a lot wrong last season. His chances were limited under Mancini at the start, persisting with Milner on the wing which just did not work at all. When Johnson plays, he makes us look better, gives us plenty of width and gives us more unpredictability. When he does not play, we are too central and far too predictable which is why we did not score that many goals last season in comparison to other teams at the top end of the league.

What are you talking about? You have lost me, what statements?

SWP is shit, deal with it.

P.S. Not having a pop at anyone on this forum in particular, but it seems to me that there are quite a few plastics on this forum wanting to play football manager and buy a fantasy football team instead of building a proper squad. Fifa Fair play rules restrict us from doing that and why anyone would want us to sell AJ is beyond me, especially as there is a rule that we need 8 homegrown players in our squad and AJ is one of the better young British players out there by a mile, along with Wilshere, Bale and Sturridge. So for me, that puts another 10 million on top of his value.

peterctid said:
I agree with you 100%. For me he is the equivalent of an old-fashioned inside-forward. He isn't being used fully on the wing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.