Adam Johnson to Liverpool?

Marvin said:
Dax777 said:
Tevez City said:
I want AJ to be here next season, we missed so much this season when he was injured.
True, but this presupposes that if he weren't here we wouldn't by others. We needed AJ when he was injured because we had a shortage of offensive options, and the guys playing every Thursday and Sunday were struggling with Fatigue. Respite in a sub like AJ to give some of them rest would have been great, and his occasional brilliance in coming up with fantastic highlight reels would have been nice too. But we didn't miss him coz he was fantastic, we missed him coz he was one of ours who wasn't available.
don't understand any of that
In number form

1. AJ is a good player
2. City was struggling in Feb
3. City's Needed good players to rotate and rest others during the thick schedule
4. Conclusion: City needed AJ badly when he was injured.

However, that conclusion above which is true cannot be used to justify why City can't sell AJ now. Coz the issue of a closed transfer window was at play then, and it is not at play now. Thus if City sell AJ, which might bring up the conclusion in "#4", well City can just go and buy another player or 2 now, something they couldn't do then!<br /><br />-- Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:48 pm --<br /><br />
RandomJ said:
I wouldn't sell incase we get a Richards situation again. Richards was garbage for a long time and many were like i'll drive him to the airport when it was rumoured we were gonna sell him. Now look at him. I'd hate to sell Johnson only for him to click as a player and become a real force.
You should Search for Dax's opinion on Richards at the height of the vitriol against him. You would be surprised at what turns up :)

Where did this notion that Liverpool have all sorts of money come from? Sure they did good business offloading Torres, but they've been linked with half the league! Sounds like their fans think they're bringing in a whole new starting 11.

dreamingblue said:
Where did this notion that Liverpool have all sorts of money come from? Sure they did good business offloading Torres, but they've been linked with half the league! Sounds like their fans think they're bringing in a whole new starting 11.
They have to dream, otherwise thye'd be really sad.

Whether Adam Johnson will become world class or not is totally and entirely irrelevant. To become a successful team we need a good squad and Adam Johnson is another dimension to what we have. Nobody said he's going to be world class or any better than Silva, but what we have is an unpredictable player who on his day is superb. He's a very good player and I'm sure even United and Ferguson would want to take AJ to Old Trafford, if given the chance.
Football is a squad game and AJ is a very very decent player to have in a squad and definitely one of the trickier wingers in the premier league.

Don't understand people wanting to sell him. Just finding something to moan and be negative about. He is a great player and will get even better. He's a great option to have too

In number form

1. AJ is a good player
2. City was struggling in Feb
3. City's Needed good players to rotate and rest others during the thick schedule
4. Conclusion: City needed AJ badly when he was injured.

However, that conclusion above which is true cannot be used to justify why City can't sell AJ now. Coz the issue of a closed transfer window was at play then, and it is not at play now. Thus if City sell AJ, which might bring up the conclusion in "#4", well City can just go and buy another player or 2 now, something they couldn't do then!
#

i didnt understand any of that either

There is no way we will sell Johnson to Liverpool this summer. God knows where this shit is drawn up. Last year we were constantly hit with the bullshit City can't sign decent players "no Champions League Football" Yet cos most of the Hacks have a soft spot for Sviverpool it's never mentioned with any LFC linked transfer????????

matt_MCFC said:
Don't understand people wanting to sell him. Just finding something to moan and be negative about. He is a great player and will get even better. He's a great option to have too
It is a hypothetical: If someone offered 20 mil will we sell him? Answering tha question in the affirmantive, does not suggest you want him gone. Just that you'd consider it because it would give us some leeway.

Let me put it in another form: Modric is said to be worth 20 million too. Would you exchange Modric for Adam Johnson? How about Adam Johnson for Gervihno and Enrique? How about Adam Johnson for the best player in the French league last season, Hazard?

The question is really about opportunity cost. You could state it in dollars 20 million or in the value of the player you could buy for 20 million... Mata, Modric, Hazard, Henderson, Gervihno+Vertonghen, Enrique+Montolivo,. That is the question? So all these claims of not understanding people wanting to sell him misses the point. In my opinion :)<br /><br />-- Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:29 pm --<br /><br />
citizens_1976 said:
Whether Adam Johnson will become world class or not is totally and entirely irrelevant.
I totally agree. And we only respond to it coz the AJ sentimentalists brought it up :)

To become a successful team we need a good squad and Adam Johnson is another dimension to what we have.
Sure! But with 20 million, we can get 2 new dimensions, Gervinho+Nzobgia, with 3 million in change left (assuming someone offered 20 million for AJ) which I believe is the premise of the hypothetical.

Nobody said he's going to be world class or any better than Silva, but what we have is an unpredictable player who on his day is superb.
I think if you look a few pages back, you will find that some did say that!!!

He's a very good player and I'm sure even United and Ferguson would want to take AJ to Old Trafford, if given the chance.
And if they offered 20 million, I'd still suggest we take the money and get 2 players in the caliber of Gervihno and Nzogbia for the price of AJ (hypothetically speaking that is)

Football is a squad game and AJ is a very very decent player to have in a squad and definitely one of the trickier wingers in the premier league.
And no one disagree with the above. All we are saying is with 20 million, you could buy even as tricky or even trickier squad players, and perhaps more, hence why an offer for AJ at 20 million should never be refused outright. It will just make no sense to do so.

The only rationale for doing so is sentimental.

20mill is not great value for Johnson. The market has changed, everyone is more expensive.

And he's literally the perfect impact sub

Sunderland want 20 million for Henderson with 1 cap and one (shit) season in the prem.

So how can a player that has played and scored goals for city over a couple of seasons scored for England be worth the same ?

Most of us would agree that Henderson really is a very average mid table player now and probably will be in the future . So how is aj worth the same or less ?

It's complete bollocks this we need him he will play loads next season and given he's young English and a decent player he's worth more than the suggested money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.