Adam Johnson to Liverpool?

quirkdean said:
we arent selling him. and yes he's important to our squad. in fact he should be starting regularly, especially over milner (waste of money)...
hes looks lost every time he starts and as for milner how many times has he actually been played in his proper position

SamTheGuru said:
matt99is said:
FantasyIreland said:
How is he vital when he won't make next seasons first choice eleven?
There's no such thing as a first choice 11

You are very naeve if you believe that.

No he is not. For a world class team to survive you need to have a 11 players most Wednesdays and Saturdays and they have to be first 11 quality. With 60 games there are plenty opportunities for a first choice 18-19 which is more realistically the number you need to put out first choice players in every game; the best teams have this type of depth.

Unfortunately for AJ he doesn't make the first choice 19 either. If someone wants to offer 20 million, take it and buy Mata and STILL have money left over. Mata easily makes it in the first choice 19.

He easily makes the 18 probably the best player off the bench we have. Trouble is will hE settle for that

EalingBlue2 said:
He easily makes the 18 probably the best player off the bench we have. Trouble is will hE settle for that

Not by the end of this window. I expect at least 2 significant attacking players added (Nasri, Mata, Lavezzi, Sniedjder etc...) by then he no longer is a starter in almost all matches.<br /><br />-- Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:24 am --<br /><br />
EalingBlue2 said:

To be in the first 18 implies starting. At 60 games you are going to be lucky to get 40 games on avg from your best players. You need at least 18 or 19 first team players. As you say, he is the "best player off the bench we have". Selling him for 20 million and getting Mata (someone who walks in to that first 18) for a couple million less is good business and good football.

The criticism of Adam Johnson on this forum actually winds me up. He certainly isnt shit, he certainly isnt average, he is a bloody good player. People who question his intelligence on a football field are cretins. His off the ball movement in comparison to most wingers is sublime. Them little diagonal runs he makes across the box or across the defenders cause absolute havoc. He is a superb dribbler, he is great to watch and when he played for us last season, we looked a far better side with him in the team. He gives us width and when he did not play last season, we were very narrow and very predictable to watch. He might not be super consistent, but neither are Nani and Bale, wingers don't tend to be really consistent. He is a decent passer of the ball as well, for some people to question his vision is pretty ridiculous really. Does Ashley Young have fantastic vision? Does Gareth Bale have fantastic vision? I would actually like people to name me a winger with "fantastic" vision because there are few and far between in todays game. I cannot understand why he is the scapegoat, i really like him as a player and i thought other City fans would like him too, but i guess people want to get on his back every time he has a bad game and to be honest, i don't think he has that many bad games either. I know it might be a stupid thing to say, but he was more consistent than Milner, Balotelli, Dzeko and Kolarov last season, even if they were new signings and i do not see them getting the same amount of criticism.

AJ is a quality player, lay off the lad and get behind him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.