Adam Johnson's Borrowed Time

Mancini switched to last season's formation, thus Johnson gets to play. And between Johnson and Nasri, I choose Johnson really.

The impact sub who never seems to have any impact...

What is his value down to now? Can we still con any club into giving us around £15million for him? We probably could have got £20million last summer when Chelsea and Liverpool were interested.

Great championship player at a stretch bottom half Prem but that is it, I know that sounds harsh but we have to be honest he's not the next big thing as we were told he would be.

He doesn't seem to have the speed or drive to go on the outside anymore, as he rarely beats a man down that side now.

But the old trick of cutting inside and having a pop has been sussed by defenders as well, which doesn't leave him with much as he cannot play through balls when sitting central.

mancmackem said:
He doesn't seem to have the speed or drive to go on the outside anymore, as he rarely beats a man down that side now.

But the old trick of cutting inside and having a pop has been sussed by defenders as well, which doesn't leave him with much as he cannot play through balls when sitting central.
Well, if he gets any worse, we could always sell him to Stoke.

Marvin said:
Very very harsh view of a usually very effective winger.

Maybe he's just out of form, but the Johnson of now looks a shadow of the Johnson that played on his debut.

I remember him mixing it up and looking dangerous on the outside, winning a couple of penalties for us this way (e.g. Bolton at home).

At the moment, he looks slow and demotivated. Players like him and Dzeko should be chomping at the bit to stay in the side when they get their chance. The times that these two players have started recently, they have done nowhere near enough to earn a regular starting spot.

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
mancmackem said:

Well, if he gets any worse, we could always sell him to Stoke.
No chance he isn't 7ft and good at long throws.

AJ does nothing 85% of his time on the pitch. He adds little to the team when he comes on and looks completely out of his depth at City. I can't see why the media rate him.

The only thing he managed yesterday was to be less effective than Tevez. Why Bob brings him on I don't know - one of the great mysteries of the season.

mancmackem said:
Marvin said:
Very very harsh view of a usually very effective winger.

Maybe he's just out of form, but the Johnson of now looks a shadow of the Johnson that played on his debut.

I remember him mixing it up and looking dangerous on the outside, winning a couple of penalties for us this way (e.g. Bolton at home).

At the moment, he looks slow and demotivated. Players like him and Dzeko should be chomping at the bit to stay in the side when they get their chance. The times that these two players have started recently, they have done nowhere near enough to earn a regular starting spot.

Opponents are sussed up on him! If he doesn't develop his right foot he is going to end up being a one trick pony.

AJ needs to get a personal coach and spend more time practicing (establishing a repertoire of kicks with both legs) rather than resting ion his laurels if he needs to justify a PL place or else he will end up in a Championship side.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.