Addictive Google Maps Game

DruntBlunt said:
28181!!!

28181_2.jpg

Got lucky with roadsigns except for a small miss in Poland.
Well done mate, still required a bit of detective work not matter what clues were thrown your way.

I think this game, whilst good fun, would benefit from a few modifications:

Firstly there are a number of locations which could quite frankly, for example, be in Canada or Scandinavia and there is nothing to tell them apart - just a barren wasteland with no clues other than the vegetation.

You also get too penalised if the location is in Australasia and you guess anywhere else. Many scenes from Australia could quite readily be in the southern states in the US, especially if there are no cars on the road.

Certain parts of the world never seem to get a look in: China, India, Germany the Middle East, Northern, Central and Western Africa. Other parts seem to get a disproportionate amount: Normandy, rural Canada and Alaska, Norway, Australia.

A bit of tweaking and this could be completely mint imo.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
DruntBlunt said:
28181!!!

28181_2.jpg

Well done mate, still required a bit of detective work not matter what clues were thrown your way.

Firstly there are a number of locations which could quite frankly, for example, be in Canada or Scandinavia and there is nothing to tell them apart - just a barren wasteland with no clues other than the vegetation.

You also get too penalised if the location is in Australasia and you guess anywhere else. Many scenes from Australia could quite readily be in the southern states in the US, especially if there are no cars on the road.

Certain parts of the world never seem to get a look in: China, India, Germany the Middle East, Northern, Central and Western Africa. Other parts seem to get a disproportionate amount: Normandy, rural Canada and Alaska, Norway, Australia.

And I've never had any in Africa. Doesn't Google google it?

DruntBlunt said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
DruntBlunt said:
28181!!!

28181_2.jpg

And I've never had any in Africa. Doesn't Google google it?

Funnily enough I've just had my first ever African one, in the middle of Botswana. Agree with the other comments about the same Countries generally coming up again and again. I also seem to get dropped on a lot of bridges / by water!

First go 23,478 !

Mind you I was given 3 in Europe which were pretty easy (Romania, Sardinia, Holland). I located the one in Holland to within 0.028km due to the signs on new building plots.

Of the other 2, the first (round 1) was a dusty road somewhere in Australia and I lost the will to live. I stabbed my finger somewhere in the middle of Oz and it turned out to be northern Queensland.

The last one (round 5) was a featureless road in Georgia, USA. Mind you I was getting the hang of it by now and persisted until I found a road sign.

Absolutely wonderful game. Makes me glad I don't live in Queensland or Georgia.

I think it would be improved by deducting points for every click of the mouse you make and/or setting a time limit of 5 mins for each round. Thus forcing you to make an educated guess based on limited info.

I always get about 8,000 points, I just see trees or a road in the middle of a desert. Australia is one of the easier guesses as the sand is red, and I got 1km away once, Coober Pedy a mining town in So. Australia.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.