Addictive Google Maps Game

GrumpyFrog said:
First go 23,478 !

Mind you I was given 3 in Europe which were pretty easy (Romania, Sardinia, Holland). I located the one in Holland to within 0.028km due to the signs on new building plots.

Of the other 2, the first (round 1) was a dusty road somewhere in Australia and I lost the will to live. I stabbed my finger somewhere in the middle of Oz and it turned out to be northern Queensland.

The last one (round 5) was a featureless road in Georgia, USA. Mind you I was getting the hang of it by now and persisted until I found a road sign.

Absolutely wonderful game. Makes me glad I don't live in Queensland or Georgia.

I think it would be improved by deducting points for every click of the mouse you make and/or setting a time limit of 5 mins for each round. Thus forcing you to make an educated guess based on limited info.

So you can travel from where it puts you until you see something with writing on. Did not know that.

Even when I get ones I've had previously i still fuck it up and finish below 10,000. How does anyone get 20k +?

If you wander around far enough you'll come to signposts or adverts which give you a clue. When I landed in Sardinia I saw no clues except a road sign for SS 389 (or similar) so I popped onto Google search to find out where SS 389 was.
The remarkable realisation is that you could physically land anywhere on the planet and, armed with a laptop/phone with internet access, you can work out where you are pretty quickly.
However for a game to work you need a constraint of time and/or clicks. As it stands the game rewards the patient plodder rather than the educated guesser.

GrumpyFrog said:
If you wander around far enough you'll come to signposts or adverts which give you a clue. When I landed in Sardinia I saw no clues except a road sign for SS 389 (or similar) so I popped onto Google search to find out where SS 389 was.
The remarkable realisation is that you could physically land anywhere on the planet and, armed with a laptop/phone with internet access, you can work out where you are pretty quickly.
However for a game to work you need a constraint of time and/or clicks. As it stands the game rewards the patient plodder rather than the educated guesser.

I've only ever played without the help of Google. I'd like a crack with it and may well have a dabble. Played a game since my last post on here and the first location was inside Wolfsburg's stadium.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.