Additional Time - I think its a Fix, Despite the facts

scorer

and so it came to pass..... Manchester United fell
I am a concerned about the way the media tries to present a balanced approach about additional time that is played @ the swamp.

Basically many times I have heard it said that the team that has the least amout of time "added on" is....you've guessed it "Ushited".

This is probably correct statistically, however, I wonder if that is because in the massive majority of cases they are always winning, therefore it is very much in their own interest that minimal additional time is played. What I would be interested in knowing is if there is any distinct difference aboyt the amount of time that is played when they are behind?

I stongly suspect there would be.

I have tried to find some stats around this on the net but alas have been unsuccesful. Anyone know where such data may exist?

Just something I need to do to add to my firmly held belief that they do get treated differently to most other clubs.

scorer said:
I am a concerned about the way the media tries to present a balanced approach about additional time that is played @ the swamp.

Basically many times I have heard it said that the team that has the least amout of time "added on" is....you've guessed it "Ushited".

This is probably correct statistically, however, I wonder if that is because in the massive majority of cases they are always winning, therefore it is very much in their own interest that minimal additional time is played. What I would be interested in knowing is if there is any distinct difference aboyt the amount of time that is played when they are behind?

I have tried to find some stats around this on the net but alas have been unsuccesful. Anyone know where such data may exist?

Just something I need to do to add to my firmly held belief that they do get treated differently to most other clubs.

I think someone actually posted a guardian (it might of been a different paper) articale proving exacterly what your asking for, as in the RAGS do get more extra time when there behind.

When United aren't leading @ 90 mins I bet the average is time added on in those games is massively different to the time added in the games where they are... so statistically it would look like they play the least amount of additional time.

It makes me puke, it really does.

Hate cheats.

scorer said:
When United aren't leading @ 90 mins I bet the average is time added on in those games is massively different to the time added in the games where they are... so statistically it would look like they play the least amount of additional time.

It makes me puke, it really does.

Hate cheats.

Spot on. An they never added on time for goal celabrations before either.

i remember the euro(uefa)cup final betwen celtic and porto it finished 3-2. every time porto went ahead in the game they went over to have long celebrations with the fans-lasting two to three mins! this was the "special one s" plan......no extra injury time added....porto lifted the cup and went on to win the champions league the following year. i don t mind mess ups , i just hate double standards. anyhow there s too much in the game at the moment to have mess ups anymore.....................which goes back to an earlier thread about the 4th official.

scorer said:

FA Watch will be taking data on a number of things including stoppages and extra time for each premier league played. We'll be starting with a trial run on this weekends matches. Analysis of the stats will prove very interesting I think, and could possibly even form the basis of a campaign to change the rules in that area. We'll be looking at what different refs do, at what grounds and in what match situations.

We're reliant on volunteers to watch matches, and record key details that happen (not just extra time). Feel free to pm if interested.

The Guardian article showed that over the last three seasons when utd were winning in 48 games the average time added on was 191.35 secs. In the 12 games they were drawing or losing the average time added on was 257.178 secs. Do not know if our game when we were robbed was included in this analysis, but if it wasn't 257.178 will have shot up.

The sun did a piece on who had the most added time after the 90 mins are up.Scum came 3rd or 4th least.But that didn't tell the whole story.Over the last 3 years,when the home side hasn't been winning,scum got the most added time.The team with the least added time when the home side is winning on 90 mins is......... guess who.Due to the fact that scum win a lot more games at home than they lose,the suns table of figures are misleading.But why let the truth get in the way of a load of biased typical baconface-worshipping shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.