Ade dzeco swap?

fbloke said:
Big Dave Watson said:
Todays embarrassement shows the folly of not meeting Dzeko's buyout clause.

Did Ade make a big difference when he came on?

I ask because I didnt get a stream to watch it.

Not really, I think he had one chance to score which the keeper saved well, oh and give the ball away a couple of times.

Didn't have sufficient time on the pitch to make much of an impact and we wasn't much of an attacking threat, we were just trying to repel Sunderland's attacks, until there became one too many, Barry dived in and got nowhere near the ball, it was crossed in towards the far post where Micah dived all over Bent (I think).

fbloke said:
Big Dave Watson said:
Todays embarrassement shows the folly of not meeting Dzeko's buyout clause.

Did Ade make a big difference when he came on?

I ask because I didnt get a stream to watch it.

He had one chance to get the winner, but it was stopped by the keeper.

Other than that, no.

Optimus Prime said:
1.618034 said:
Not a Maths major then...?

‘Less than 0%’ was a figure of speech used to emphasise the point I was making – namely how little chance we have of concluding an Ade-Dzeko swap deal – it was not intended to be taken literally as a genuine mathematical representation of the situation. Similarly I don’t actually believe that reading transfer rumours on an Internet forum rots your brain – again this was a figure of speech used to emphasise a point.

Nevertheless, considering you’ve chosen to pick me up on it – whilst negative percentages aren’t possible in the strictest sense, they are in fact commonly used in business when discussing changes in profit margins, so aren’t as daft as you’re making out. For example:

Start amount : Change : Final amount

Change = Final amount - Start amount (whether percentage or absolute value being calculated)

If final amount > start amount then change is positive (both the amount and the percentage changes)

If final amount < start amount then change is negative (both the amount and the percentage changes)

To use an example:

Year 1 profits are -4000
Year 2 profits are -6000

Percentage change in profits = [(-6000-(-4000))/(-4000)]*100
= 50%

Clearly this has not been a positive change in profits, therefore it is a negative change. -50%

Final amount - Start amount = -6000 - (-4000) = -6000 + 4000 = -2000

So the change is negative, a decrease in profits. The percentage change is also negative.

If you are starting from a loss (as you are) then a decrease in profits is interpreted as you will make a bigger loss in second year.

Whilst we’re here, I might as well pick you up on your use of the term ‘maths major’. The concept of a ‘major’ in academia is an American concept – it has no relevance in academia in the UK where we generally concentrate on one subject during undergraduate study, rather than majoring in one aspect of an undergraduate curriculum. As Americans abbreviate Mathematics to Math, rather than Maths (as in the UK), the correct terminology would be a ‘Math Major’ - there is no such thing as a 'Maths Major'. Although I’ve no idea why you’re using that terminology at all unless you are American, in which case you would surely have used Math. A confusion of cultures, I think.
Wow. Touched a nerve there didn't I...?

lol

Thanks for the example as well!

Reading transfer rumours might not rot your brain, but it does seem to have affected your sense of humor(sic)!

Anyway, you've just cheered me right up after today's game, so thanks for that anyway.

;-)

1.618034 said:
Optimus Prime said:
‘Less than 0%’ was a figure of speech used to emphasise the point I was making – namely how little chance we have of concluding an Ade-Dzeko swap deal – it was not intended to be taken literally as a genuine mathematical representation of the situation. Similarly I don’t actually believe that reading transfer rumours on an Internet forum rots your brain – again this was a figure of speech used to emphasise a point.

Nevertheless, considering you’ve chosen to pick me up on it – whilst negative percentages aren’t possible in the strictest sense, they are in fact commonly used in business when discussing changes in profit margins, so aren’t as daft as you’re making out. For example:

Start amount : Change : Final amount

Change = Final amount - Start amount (whether percentage or absolute value being calculated)

If final amount > start amount then change is positive (both the amount and the percentage changes)

If final amount < start amount then change is negative (both the amount and the percentage changes)

To use an example:

Year 1 profits are -4000
Year 2 profits are -6000

Percentage change in profits = [(-6000-(-4000))/(-4000)]*100
= 50%

Clearly this has not been a positive change in profits, therefore it is a negative change. -50%

Final amount - Start amount = -6000 - (-4000) = -6000 + 4000 = -2000

So the change is negative, a decrease in profits. The percentage change is also negative.

If you are starting from a loss (as you are) then a decrease in profits is interpreted as you will make a bigger loss in second year.

Whilst we’re here, I might as well pick you up on your use of the term ‘maths major’. The concept of a ‘major’ in academia is an American concept – it has no relevance in academia in the UK where we generally concentrate on one subject during undergraduate study, rather than majoring in one aspect of an undergraduate curriculum. As Americans abbreviate Mathematics to Math, rather than Maths (as in the UK), the correct terminology would be a ‘Math Major’ - there is no such thing as a 'Maths Major'. Although I’ve no idea why you’re using that terminology at all unless you are American, in which case you would surely have used Math. A confusion of cultures, I think.

lol

Reading transfer rumours might not rot your brain, but it does seem to have affected your sense of humor(sic)!

Anyway, you've just cheered me right up after today's game, so thanks for that anyway.

;-)

Glad to be of service mate ;-)

I hope you could tell my rant wasn't meant to be entirely serious, but these things don't always translate particularly well in cold type-face.

Any road - no offence intended

Optimus Prime said:
1.618034 said:

lol

;-)

Glad to be of service mate ;-)

I hope you could tell my rant wasn't meant to be entirely serious, but these things don't always translate particularly well in cold type-face.

Any road - no offence intended

Cool. No offence taken... Quite the opposite in fact. Really did cheer me up.

mancini doesn't play ade so what the fuck use would dzeko be? we must be the only side in european football playing with nobody upfront at the minute as tevez plays as a midfielder most of the time he comes back that deep to get the ball!!! and why do we play with 2 wingers and 2 wingbacks with no fucker in the box to head a ball in?....baffles me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.