Adebayor and Tevez

Craig

Does anybody think that these two will be the partnership we need to really push on?I mean like scare the shit out of most rival teams and start to link up anything like Drogba and Anelka do for Chelsea?Most people will say this is nonsense but I honestly think Santa Cruz and Bellamy could form a better partnership than these two have so far.I also think Bellamy and Adebayor could but I think that is fairly obvious to everyone apart from Hughes.

Adey needs someone playing off him and tevez could be it but at present he looks as though he needs another supporting player. We shouldn try playing wider like we used to - Bellamy/ Petrov (if fit) and SWP with an attacking midfield back up. Ireland, Tevez,Johnson? - Remember him?

Main reason I think that you are wrong is that Ade is mobile whilst Cruz plays a more static game with the ball played onto his head from the wings. Problem for us is that Hughes wants to lump ball in the air to Ade when he prefers to get the ball to feet running on to it. Hughes also forgets that when the ball gets to Ade he is usually outjumped and outnumbered so the quality of posession is poor and we dont get our midfield up fast to support him. How can they when have the length of the field to chase. He bought Cruz without thinking how do we serve him. We do not have wingers apart from Petrov who cross the ball accurately, SWP has some great skills but crossing a ball is not one of them. One of the best crossers we have is Wiess but hughes continues to ignore him to the point where he is p off and likely to do a Sturridge.

Craig said:
Does anybody think that these two will be the partnership we need to really push on?I mean like scare the shit out of most rival teams and start to link up anything like Drogba and Anelka do for Chelsea?Most people will say this is nonsense but I honestly think Santa Cruz and Bellamy could form a better partnership than these two have so far.I also think Bellamy and Adebayor could but I think that is fairly obvious to everyone apart from Hughes.

Drogba and Anelka are a partnership apart. No one has anything to compare to those two. Ade and Tevez are a good striking pair providing Ade shifts himself and the two of them get a decent bit of service.

my last reply posted before before bossman echoes his thought on Adey - mobile = dangerous, RSC more static doesn't look so sharp. We do need to play to our particular forwards strengths and not just generic 'long high ball -let the forward win it' mentality. Wing play with centre target and follow up players or ground moves , fast interplay between controlled players setting up chances like Saturdays SWP volley

We need to start playing with these two up front. Adebayor was excellent at the beginning of the season when he had support but now he is being left isolated he is useless. Santa Cruz for me is nothing more than a back up, a striker to bring on when you need a goal with two wingers providing him with crosses.

Memo to Mr. Hughes this idea of changing the formation to a traditional 442 with a centre forward who is good in the air is called changing tactics during a game, other managers do it and it works sometimes, why not give it ago?

GrumpyBlue86 said:
We need to start playing with these two up front. Adebayor was excellent at the beginning of the season when he had support but now he is being left isolated he is useless. Santa Cruz for me is nothing more than a back up, a striker to bring on when you need a goal with two wingers providing him with crosses.

Memo to Mr. Hughes this idea of changing the formation to a traditional 442 with a centre forward who is good in the air is called changing tactics during a game, other managers do it and it works sometimes, why not give it ago?

Problem for Hughes is that he had a plan B called Gelson but the club sold him. Now he just changes tired players and he can only change 3 so after 70 minutes we are stuffed. Dont think the idea of changing tactics will be popular with him.

Have we just got too many 'ok' subs and no one who can really liven the game up when we're 1-1-, 2-2, 3-3 etc !
Are you really happy with the back four? right and left back has been up/down every week so far, wot's the answer?

Bossman Blue said:
Main reason I think that you are wrong is that Ade is mobile whilst Cruz plays a more static game with the ball played onto his head from the wings. Problem for us is that Hughes wants to lump ball in the air to Ade when he prefers to get the ball to feet running on to it. Hughes also forgets that when the ball gets to Ade he is usually outjumped and outnumbered so the quality of posession is poor and we dont get our midfield up fast to support him. How can they when have the length of the field to chase. He bought Cruz without thinking how do we serve him. We do not have wingers apart from Petrov who cross the ball accurately, SWP has some great skills but crossing a ball is not one of them. One of the best crossers we have is Wiess but hughes continues to ignore him to the point where he is p off and likely to do a Sturridge.

The keeper will often launch the ball forward to a tall striker,sometimes it is the only option.The thing is it is then hoped the striker might actually challenge for the ball and then hopefully we gain possesion in the other teams half and start to play our football from there.I think Cruz is the kind of striker we have needed for the last 18 months.We have needed someone who can challenge the centre halfs and hold the ball up for our creative players to join in.Ade does not seem like he wants to play like this though and it is becoming a big problem.Ade's talent is unquestioned but his commitment and willingness to fit into a team is.Also Tevez is usually playing deeper and does not have the pace to play on the shoulder anyway.At least if Bellers played upfront with ade we would still have somebody upfront when Ade wants to drop deep.I say this because we had nobody upfront countless times on Saturday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.