Adrian Bernabe

Discussion in 'EDS and Academy Forum' started by Tevez City, 11 Jan 2019.

1. Nelly's Left Foot

Nelly's Left Foot

Good player but I fear another who isn't quite good enough for City. 100% not another Foden

Centurions and Cozmo Bozo like this.
  2. twosips

twosips

I think he's much more likely to get game time at City than Poveda personally, and I know you rate him :)

Do admit it'll be difficult though. Not sure he'll ever fully breakthrough given the high level required.

3. cjn

cjn

I really like Bernabe. I think he's talented enough, and technically he's outstanding, but I just can't see any way he breaks into our team without going the loan/buyback route first. I think at this point we should be hoping he can get enough exposure to at least drum up some decent interest in Spain (or maybe Holland?) for next season, could be the best option for him.

4. KCblue

KCblue

Is he more of a winger or attacking mid? I know in the preseason tour he played out wide with the senior players but I seem to recall someone saying he's better off as one of the 8's

5. Nelly's Left Foot

Nelly's Left Foot

I do like Poveda as he is so much fun to watch on the ball. Goes past people for fun but somehow there isn't usually enough end product.As with Bernabe, I cant see him making it at City.

Is Bernabe a bit like a left footed Manu Garcia? Very talented , will have some special moments and even games but disappears a bit when you really want him to be more dominant in games.

6. Jacob Smith

Jacob Smith

To be fair he seems to step up when he plays with the seniors rather than disappearing

twosips likes this.
  7. WallyA

WallyA

I'm with you, I disagree with most of the posters above.

Ian never looked right playing for our first team, so shy, and terrible finishing.

Bernabe takes his chances by the balls, he runs his ass off, he doesn't feel like he is inferior and plays up to their level.

Pep has played him enough that I think he has a future here.

Jacob Smith likes this.
  8. BJL_City

BJL_City

na na na na na na na na na na, Adri Bernabe, Bernabe, Adri Bernabe.

9. MCFCFanTX

MCFCFanTX

I agree. I think this is the major difference between the two. Poveda is so passive when he plays where as Bernabe is aggressive and plays with intent. Poveda is such a lovely, technical player though. Should've gone on loan this year.