Adrian Bernabe

To those that closely follow the academy, how has he looked at LB? Seems like while he's been sort of a utility guy, he's played there quite a bit this year.
He’s been brilliant. Missed 3 games to a red card suspension for a wrongly given red card against the rags though, so haven’t played in a while. Brilliant going on the overlap whipping in crosses, but also very good inverting. Very good on the ball, great passer and quite intelligent. Looks so much better at LB than midfield which is his original position. Looks like he’s had a massive boost of confidence. 2 goals and 6 assists in 8 appearances but could easily have had more. Defensively he’s been way better than I would ever imagine. Has that Zabba warrior mentality, a tough and aggressive full back. He has been a revelation. Never really rated him in midfield, but suddenly looks top class at LB

Great to hear as he was going nowhere as an attacking midfielder.Well done for being up for the challenge and well done to the coaches that saw his potential.

He’s been brilliant. Missed 3 games to a red card suspension to a wrongly given red card against the rags though, so haven’t played in a while. Brilliant going on the overlap whipping in crosses, but also very good inverting. Very good on the ball, great passer and quite intelligent. Looks so much better at LB than midfield which is his original position. Looks like he’s had a massive boost of confidence. 2 goals and 6 assists in 8 appearances but could easily have had more. Defensively he’s been way better than I would ever imagine. Has that Zabba warrior mentality, a tough and aggressive full back. He has been a revelation. Never really rated him in midfield, but suddenly looks top class at LB
Do you think he's someone that can challenge for a squad position / get a legit look in the next preseason?

Great to hear as he was going nowhere as an attacking midfielder.Well done for being up for the challenge and well done to the coaches that saw his potential.
Might have been Peps request to play him at LB after he did it in the Bournemouth game

Do you think he's someone that can challenge for a squad position / get a legit look in the next preseason?
Looks like we’re signing a LB in the summer and that would most likely end all his hopes of making it here. He would be third choice at the very best. His contract ends in the summer too. The only way I could see him challenging is if we can’t offload Mendy.

Bernabe wouldn’t be too dissimilar to Zinchenko. Good on the ball, great passer and overall very solid in posession, not quite on Zinchenkos level though yet. I would say he’s also quicker and a much better crosser. He has many good attributes but I can’t really see him getting any first team minutes this season, and we might lose him in the summer. A shame that we waited that long to use him at LB

Looks like Bernabe and Felix Nmecha will both be leaving after not agreeing new deals.

That's a shame about Bernabe who had improved significantly in the left-back role, last season. Nmecha is talented but turns it on when he wants, it seems, and I don't think he would have made a first-team player with us. Still, it is a shame to lose them both for nothing but if a player won't sign, he is free to leave.

That's a shame about Bernabe who had improved significantly in the left-back role, last season. Nmecha is talented but turns it on when he wants, it seems, and I don't think he would have made a first-team player with us. Still, it is a shame to lose them both for nothing but if a player won't sign, he is free to leave.
Yep,thats about the size of it.

Felix has the ability to be very good,hopefully he realises it.

Spot on. Bernabé is a shame as it looked as if he had finally turned a corner at City.

Hopefully both go on to have excellent careers somewhere.

Is Bernabe going BACK to Barcelona?
Has he received missed fall from Laporta which should be enough for him to go back?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.