Adrian Bernabe

Was a bit surprised to see him on the bench versus West Brom. Why him rather than say Doyle?

Thought he might get some minutes in the second half when we were coasting at 4-0.

Was a bit surprised to see him on the bench versus West Brom. Why him rather than say Doyle?

Thought he might get some minutes in the second half when we were coasting at 4-0.

As mentioned previously, unless City get Bernabé to agree to a contract extension, loaning out at this point will invariably lead to him walking for free this summer. Knowing the player, I suspect everything hinges on whether he gets assurances of 1st team opportunities else I struggle to see him remaining.

So probably explains why he showed up in rotation with Doyle but surprised he didn't get any minutes. Then again, City were purring and I can understand why Pep preferred to let them roll

Still, I see him more out than in now. I would suspect he will end up back in Spain but midfield is where he will make his mark IMHO

As mentioned previously, unless City get Bernabé to agree to a contract extension, loaning out at this point will invariably lead to him walking for free this summer. Knowing the player, I suspect everything hinges on whether he gets assurances of 1st team opportunities else I struggle to see him remaining.

So probably explains why he showed up in rotation with Doyle but surprised he didn't get any minutes. Then again, City were purring and I can understand why Pep preferred to let them roll

Still, I see him more out than in now. I would suspect he will end up back in Spain but midfield is where he will make his mark IMHO
Is he running down his contract as well, just to declare his love for Barca and get paid with Monopoly money?

He’s also suspended for the next two EDS games, so it makes more sense for him to be involved with the first team. I don’t think he’ll stay, which doesn’t bother me that much as he hasn’t really kicked on since he joined and there are better prospects in the academy.

He’s also suspended for the next two EDS games, so it makes more sense for him to be involved with the first team. I don’t think he’ll stay, which doesn’t bother me that much as he hasn’t really kicked on since he joined and there are better prospects in the academy.
As a midfielder he has been a bit underwhelming, but he’s been brilliant at LB.

Of course you do...

According to The Scotsman (not that one) Jeremy Frimpong, who we sold to Celtic for 350,000 is going to Germany and we are getting £3m as part of the sell on clause. Be nice to do that with Bernabe.

According to The Scotsman (not that one) Jeremy Frimpong, who we sold to Celtic for 350,000 is going to Germany and we are getting £3m as part of the sell on clause. Be nice to do that with Bernabe.
I thought we had let Frimpong go for a song but the sell on clause makes it a great deal for both us and the player. He gets a cheap move to a good club where he can develop and we get the benefit when he moves on.
A lesson to look at things in the longer term.

I thought we had let Frimpong go for a song but the sell on clause makes it a great deal for both us and the player. He gets a cheap move to a good club where he can develop and we get the benefit when he moves on.
A lesson to look at things in the longer term.

Its exactly the tactic we have been using for a few years - this wont be the last kick back we see. Its great to see that we look for the best for the kids we see as good but not quite there (or not quite the right timing) for us and also build in our own reward

To those that closely follow the academy, how has he looked at LB? Seems like while he's been sort of a utility guy, he's played there quite a bit this year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.