Advice Needed New Driveway.

KS55

My drive is constructed out of concrete blocks. They are very old and crumbling at the edges.
A path made of the same material goes around the house.
I need to renew or refurbish. All advice gratefully received.

Totally no help i guess but i clean and refurb driveways as part of my little company.
my observations are thus:

block paving- looks great but youll never stop the weeds coming through. We live in a damp country and you’ll need it cleaning and sealing yearly to keep on top.

tarmac - crumbles eventually and moss will knit and settle. Difficult to clean

flags- a lovely indian stone would be nice but constantly pulling car on and off drive will loosen the stones.

loose chippings/stones- hard to keep leaves etc off but good for security and looks well i reckon

resin- probs my choice, hard wearing etc. Pick a darker colour as the lighter ones do dis-colour over time. It can be cleaned easy enough though

block paving- looks great but youll never stop the weeds coming through. We live in a damp country and you’ll need it cleaning and sealing yearly to keep on top.
How do you clean a block paving drive?

- Pressure washer off, allow to dry and re-sand?
- Treat blocks with patio cleaner (sodium hypochlorite based) agitate with brush if needed and rinse off?

Totally no help i guess but i clean and refurb driveways as part of my little company.
my observations are thus:

tarmac - crumbles eventually and moss will knit and settle. Difficult to clean

flags- a lovely indian stone would be nice but constantly pulling car on and off drive will loosen the stones.

loose chippings/stones- hard to keep leaves etc off but good for security and looks well i reckon

resin- probs my choice, hard wearing etc. Pick a darker colour as the lighter ones do dis-colour over time. It can be cleaned easy enough though
Seems good advice. We had a resin drive in the last house and went for a colour that was too light. Go resin and go dark. Expensive but getting anything done properly will be expensive. If you want cheap that looks nice then slate chippings with a line of stones / bricks on the edges in a matching colour.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.