Advice needed regarding Indian food

I tend to follow Carluccio in such matters. He would eschew tomatoes, I'm sure.
Have not eaten in Italy for some time, tho' it is true that there are pesky modernists there who will put the kitchen sink in.
From your earlier post, Bolognese is not an authentic Italian dish that was invented in Bologna. It's a made up dish but I don't know where it originated from. Also Bolognese served in Italian restaurants does not contain as much sauce as it does in British 'Italian' restaurants. My sister has lived in Ferrara (30 miles north of Bologna) about 35 years. I've visited perhaps 10 times. Italian cuisine is very much regionalised and varies greatly from the north to to southern Italy, and also Sicily.

From your earlier post, Bolognese is not an authentic Italian dish that was invented in Bologna. It's a made up dish but I don't know where it originated from. Also Bolognese served in Italian restaurants does not contain as much sauce as it does in British 'Italian' restaurants. My sister has lived in Ferrara (30 miles north of Bologna) about 35 years. I've visited perhaps 10 times. Italian cuisine is very much regionalised and varies greatly from the north to to southern Italy, and also Sicily.
Well, all dishes are "made up". The earliest recipes of what is now called Bolognese originated in Imola in the 18th century, so correct regionally.

I'm obviously no expert as I rarely eat the stuff, but when I have had curry I've always found the heat to be a challenge. I know there are milder curries, but in the main the popular ones are too hot for me. I'm sure you know what I mean about the effect on your body the following day, how can a food that does that to you be good?

I've eaten chinese food on a regular basis for most of my adult life. What is this changeover you've mentioned. I genuinely don't know and have never suffered any reaction to chinese food at all

Some people try to eat the hottest curry like some sort of challenge but if you pick one to your level you shouldnt have any issues (I dont go hotter than a madras)

A changover is exactly the same as a hangover, nausea, headaches etc caused by the amount of shite (think its called MSG?) they chuck into the food. I avoid chinese like the plague. I'd deffo rather the ring sting than a changover anyday!

Some people try to eat the hottest curry like some sort of challenge but if you pick one to your level you shouldnt have any issues (I dont go hotter than a madras)

A changover is exactly the same as a hangover, nausea, headaches etc caused by the amount of shite (think its called MSG?) they chuck into the food. I avoid chinese like the plague. I'd deffo rather the ring sting than a changover anyday!

Nope, I can definitely say I've never suffered like that. Maybe it's because we avoid the cheaper restaurants (without being snobby)

Just as a bit of balance, curry is disgusting stuff. Food is a basic requirement of human beings, it should therefore never be a challenge to eat and it shouldn't have a negative effect on your body the following day.

Go and enjoy a nice Chinese. Chicken in black pepper sauce or sweet and sour king prawn. Lovely
Curry doesn't have to be hot though. And curry contains tumeric and cumin, good for ones wellbeing for a variety of reasons.
Nope, I can definitely say I've never suffered like that. Maybe it's because we avoid the cheaper restaurants (without being snobby)
You'll find even most expensive Indian(and Chinese) restaurants use MSG. It is used more in Chinese and Indian takeaways though.

Chinese food is all reheated from frozen surely. It’s exactly the same from every Chinese takeaway you go to no matter if you’re in Glasgow or London or anywhere in between. I can’t believe any different, especially when I order my spare ribs, soup, spring roles and mains and they say ‘yeah be ready in 15mins’.

Chinese food is all reheated from frozen surely. It’s exactly the same from every Chinese takeaway you go to no matter if you’re in Glasgow or London or anywhere in between. I can’t believe any different, especially when I order my spare ribs, soup, spring roles and mains and they say ‘yeah be ready in 15mins’.
Mine cooks it to order in front of you, as a side note you can order it without MSG

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.