Advice Please Are Soakaways covered on standard home insurance?

BigJoe#1

Insurance workers/experts. I have a house on a hill and a couple of soakaways to take excessive rainwater away from the property.

They are like brick caverns in the side of the hill (accessed by simple drain covers) into which rainwater from the gutterings run. It looks like one has sprung a leak and I'm getting huge water pools and flooding at the foot of the hill even after all the rain has stopped. Any thoughts on whether repairs for this would be covered by standard home insurance?

TIA

Insurance workers/experts. I have a house on a hill and a couple of soakaways to take excessive rainwater away from the property.

They are like brick caverns in the side of the hill (accessed by simple drain covers) into which rainwater from the gutterings run. It looks like one has sprung a leak and I'm getting huge water pools and flooding at the foot of the hill even after all the rain has stopped. Any thoughts on whether repairs for this would be covered by standard home insurance?

TIA
We had similar and it was covered by our insurance.

Houses are different though. I remember my Grandparents’ house being old enough with a shared pipe leaking in their front garden being United Utilities responsibility due to some technicality about house age and shared pipes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.