Advice please. Taxi from town to the ground

Usually get the metro to the ground whenever I'm over and then walk back to Piccadilly after. But going for a few pints in town tomorrow before the match so contemplating getting a taxi.

Are they easy enough to get around Shambles/Piccadilly? And how long does the journey typically take in matchday traffic? Will have my old man with me, so walking isn't an option. Cheers
Pick one up outside wetherspoons. Usually pay a fiver but i jump out when they hit traffic and walk the rest of the way (about 500m)

Pick one up outside wetherspoons. Usually pay a fiver but i jump out when they hit traffic and walk the rest of the way (about 500m)

So sometimes you pay a fiver and sometimes you just jump out...…. naughty naughty naughty.

Uber are a rip off musty. You need an account. You agree the fair on your app and they give you an ETA and turn up. First time I used them they were reasonably priced and efficient. Second time I agreed the quoted price and they turned up on time. I received a statementcharging extra £2 50 due to heavy traffic conditions. I closed my account and deleted the app. Robbing twats.

FFS, that is disgraceful, I had heard about hidden charges, the one I heard was £30 'because you were sick in the back'. The bloke tried to argue it was a lie but they already had the money. Wont use them.

Uber are a rip off musty. You need an account. You agree the fair on your app and they give you an ETA and turn up. First time I used them they were reasonably priced and efficient. Second time I agreed the quoted price and they turned up on time. I received a statementcharging extra £2 50 due to heavy traffic conditions. I closed my account and deleted the app. Robbing twats.

Plenty wrong with Uber in terms of safety, taxes, and working conditions, but you don't agree a price: they give you an estimate between a couple of quid and and then they run a meter which you can follow on your phone. It's exactly the same as getting in a black cab.

Plenty wrong with Uber in terms of safety, taxes, and working conditions, but you don't agree a price: they give you an estimate between a couple of quid and and then they run a meter which you can follow on your phone. It's exactly the same as getting in a black cab.
Was about 2 years since I used it and I agreed the quote given. I wasn't aware of meter running on my app. Have they changed their policy?. I won't use them again.

It can be touch and go ... best to start walking towards stadium and catch black cabs coming back into town

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.