Advice re: gym

Dobsy87

A month ago I joined my local gym. It's £43 a month but I managed to get no joining fee. I asked the guy if there were any special offers and he said nothing that he knew of, demand high etc. I paid it cos I have two mates who go so I'd have gym partners for spotting etc.

Yesterday another mate joined for £25 a month no joining fee.

I feel like I've been stiffed. I'm gonna complain but doubt there's any way they'll lower my rate. Any advice on how to word my righteous anger?

Bastards! Hand over the fackin maney or Ill get me fackin lawyers and Ill fackin hant ya darn!!!

On a serious note though pal. It doesnt seem right, although depending on the age of your mate, is he considerably older/younger than you? That could be influential on the pricing? However, thats the only reason I can think off especially as you havnt got any promotional hospitality offers of such.

Perculiar, hope all goes well for you.

Dobsy87 said:
A month ago I joined my local gym. It's £43 a month but I managed to get no joining fee. I asked the guy if there were any special offers and he said nothing that he knew of, demand high etc. I paid it cos I have two mates who go so I'd have gym partners for spotting etc.

Yesterday another mate joined for £25 a month no joining fee.

I feel like I've been stiffed. I'm gonna complain but doubt there's any way they'll lower my rate. Any advice on how to word my righteous anger?

Seems expensive for a gym, which one is it?

tell them your a member of a well known manchester crime family and will bring hell fire and brimstone upon his gym if you dont get your money back.

second thoughts its probably run by a well known manchester crime family so i wouldnt bother

First off - which gym is this?

is your friend on a student/disabled/oap type account? this may be the reason for his lower rate.

You may be paying for onpeak access? as in you can use the gym from say 6am till 10pm, whereas the £25 deal may be from 10am till 5pm.

if you dont need onpeak access then you can switch your gym membership, i've never had an issue switching membership types at gyms.

Go to reception, arrange to see manager. if receptionist insists the issue is dealt with at the desk refuse and ask to speak with manager.
Ask manager to change your account - you was not informed of this account when you were joining and would prefer the £25 account.
The manager shouldn't refuse, if they do - go to your bank and cancel the direct debit at the bank.
they may take you to a small claims court? bring it on! they breached consumer laws by not informing you of your options and didn't provide said options

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.