Aeroplanes of the Second World War

Some weird nazi stuff:

latest

hqdefault.jpg

Not to mention Foo fighters...

I've been to the USAF museum at Wright Patterson AFB in Ohio. That place is well worth a visit. They have lots of stuff, from early and experimental flight through Vietnam and the Cold War, all the way up to space flight and the Shuttle, including stuff on the H-Bomb. My favourite bit was the Wild Weasel exhibition with the F-100's, F-105's, and F-4 II's. Now those guys were beyond brave.

If you ever get to the Washington, D.C. area go to the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum near Dulles Airport. I believes it's called the Udvar Hazy Center or summat. The museum in D.C. is more well known but the one by the Dulles is the GOOD one.

It is massive! (I know, I know) They have an SR-71, the Space Shuttle Discovery, The Enola Gay and loads more aeroplanes and helicopters, etc on display.

https://airandspace.si.edu/udvar-hazy-center

If anyone finds themselves in Orlando this winter and in need of a break from theme parks, head east toward Coco Beach and head north just before the cruise ship area. There's a little aircraft museum just a few miles north, think it was called the Valiant....well worth a visit if you like planes

Fond Airfix memories, I must have built most of the WW2 models in my youth in the seventies. One thing, was there ever a model of the SR 71 back then? I can't remember seeing that and I have thought maybe its existence was classified at that time?

Fond Airfix memories, I must have built most of the WW2 models in my youth in the seventies. One thing, was there ever a model of the SR 71 back then? I can't remember seeing that and I have thought maybe its existence was classified at that time?

Me too - I can bore people to death picking out errors in war films and documentaries !

I do some plastic kit bashing as a relaxation thing and the kit standard these days as well as refined techniques makes it an entirely different hobby as it was when I was a spotty 12 year old Herbert with glue all over my fingers and splodging humbrol enamels all over the kit, currently doing a BF 109 E in 1/48 scale and the detail is magnificent, a couple of manufacturers are releasing a 1/32 Lancaster, I haven’t a shelf big enough to hold the bleeder

I always preferred the Hurricane over the Spit...... but thats me - always a fan of the underdog. I am a fan of the Lysander and the Walrus too - my tastes differ from the populist lol
If you really support underdogs you would love the Defiant I guess.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.