Aftershave/Perfume

I just got hold of Club De Nuit Intense. Having read a lot of fuss over this fragrance i risked a blind buy, glad i did. This is a power house of a scent with a fresh lemony top but it is seriously masculine. Not even the meanest of corporate hard ass ball breaker women could get away with this. For the price i am amazed, 30 quid! So it is not so cheap that it is some straight clone, it stands very well on it's own against scents costing 10x as much. I can see why people think it is like Creed Aventus though, they do smell similar. Your average joe probably would not even know the difference, it smells "expensive" so for that alone it is worth the money.

Get this as your office scent or even for the evening on date night with the missus. It is the best 30 quid you will spend on a fragrance i think. I wear scents for my own enjoyment but if you are the sort who likes a compliment for what you are wearing then this does work on that level. It will certainly be a crowd pleasing scent.

Don't wanna spend 250 quid on creed aventus? Get this.

I just got hold of Club De Nuit Intense. Having read a lot of fuss over this fragrance i risked a blind buy, glad i did. This is a power house of a scent with a fresh lemony top but it is seriously masculine. Not even the meanest of corporate hard ass ball breaker women could get away with this. For the price i am amazed, 30 quid! So it is not so cheap that it is some straight clone, it stands very well on it's own against scents costing 10x as much. I can see why people think it is like Creed Aventus though, they do smell similar. Your average joe probably would not even know the difference, it smells "expensive" so for that alone it is worth the money.

Get this as your office scent or even for the evening on date night with the missus. It is the best 30 quid you will spend on a fragrance i think. I wear scents for my own enjoyment but if you are the sort who likes a compliment for what you are wearing then this does work on that level. It will certainly be a crowd pleasing scent.

My klds got me some new 'parfum' for my birthday last week (I chose in all fairness). Popped into John Lewis in the Trafford Centre with a short list. Like the more woody fragrances but with a 'exuberant upper pallete' (the fresh citrusy notes)...but I'm a rank amateur when it comes to fragances these days. I have a daily Cerutti 1881 on the recommendation of the 'base notes' forum (ace advice on there)...but this is just a light, daily, uncontroversial fragrance.
The girl in JL ended up spraying 5 on me and drew me a map of my body labelling each one (as in elbow Left, Wrist right). Probably picked up in my OCD but I think she'll use that map on other customers from now on. Had the following down (as my short, shortlist...all mid range I guess?)

*Hugo Boss Private Accord
*Bvlgari Man Wood Essence
*Gentleman Givenchy
*Tom Ford Black Orchard
*Dior Sauvage

In the end I went for the Bvgari Man Wood essence...really liked the smell as it settled on my skin after 15 mins (more so than the others). Not quite blown away by the Sauvage as I expected. The Black Orchard was lovely too, but my kids reminded me their mother (my ex) had this at one time. Yep - the Bvlgari really works for me...aromas can send you back in time and into the future (green school soap renders me a scared kid on my first day at school - this one transported me to an airport ready for my next adventure...or something...).
But...those Creed scents are incredible as are some of the upper range of Tom Fords (Neroli was ace). The 'Oud' essence is incredible to me, so if I go 'upper end' in the future I'll look at those. The Maison Francis Kurkdjian fragrances (pricey too) are stunning. I'll definitely look at that Club De Nuit Intense though.

When I went on those forums there was a fair bit of discussion (and they seem like they know their stuff on there) about oils? There's a company based in Kuwait you can order these oils from...to pretty match any of the top end fragrances. Given the strength of these oils (apparently) you only need to dab a small amount...so you could order a 3ml bottle (barely a bottle!) for around $6. Thinking of ordering some of that Neroli 3ml for $6 (company is called Universal Perfumes and Cosmetics - garners very favourable reviews for both the scents and customer service).
Apologies if this has been discussed on here already but I'm going to look into it...

Haha...you can guarantee there's a forum and obsession for everything in this world...

Will give this a try

My list which gets replenished every 5 or so years with the same ones;

Jean Paul Gautier
Dunhill black
Karl Lagerfeld
D&G The One

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.