"Ageing city running out of time"

sir baconface said:
Petetheblu said:
I'm not to sure why a bunch of usually intelligent guys fall for pieces like this?

What's next for Gary? Perhaps a piece about how spurs need a bigger ground to help the bank balance or Cardiff's owners needs to find some stability?

So City make NO secret about buying up the best young talent around the world for the last 3 season and now Gary magically decides to talk about an ageing City side. Thank god for good old Gaz, otherwise we'd be in the shit!! Or perhaps we're onto it and dealing with it, way before the new Messiah for some has spoken the obvious.

Why do you lot wank over shit like? See it for what it is, a very obvious story written by someone who spends his time looking through current clubs issues.

It's not hard. *tut....I'm disapointed with some of you lot...

Can you expand on this bit please?

Yes, Id love to see that. If by getting Demichelis, Lampard, Sagna, Fernandinho, Negredo is buying young talent, then it seems im massively misinformed.

We missed out on Isco, Hazard, James, Varane, Sanchez... the list goes on. Yes Mangala, Zuculini and Jovetic are young, but unproven. And if you mean by the best young 14-16 year olds then i think this argument should just end here because you're obviously clueless if you think that means anything.

proudbear said:
We missed out on Isco, Hazard, James, Varane, Sanchez... the list goes on. Yes Mangala, Zuculini and Jovetic are young, but unproven. And if you mean by the best young 14-16 year olds then i think this argument should just end here because you're obviously clueless if you think that means anything.

Real offered a kings to his dad.
I'll give you that one.
Not worth the money Real paid.
He was 18 when Real signed him, it wasn't so long ago people on here picked Nastasic before him.
Blame FFP.

Jovetic is hardly unproven.

simpson wrote:
Ok city got a problem
My 85 yr old farther went to stoke game was told his ticket didn't allow him to use the lift to tier 3 ? Took his ticket off him he has spent a week trying to get his ticket back , he said why do I bother I can watch the games in the pub ? Fuckin tears me to pieces to hear this when we was shit this guy kept us going now he has to fight to get in the ground to watch his beloved man city , who do I complain to , who will listen to me ?

Exeter Blue I am here said:
OB1 said:
It's a decent article. However, the issue over the age of the squad is nothing that has not already been debated on this forum and I do not think that it is a coincidence that the biggest transfer outlay this summer was on a relatively young player.

The investment in the academy and having players like Zuculini and Lopes out on loan at good teams are indicators of future planning.

There will be exceptions, if an older exceptional talent becomes available, but I expect most of City's incoming purchases in the next few years will be younger players. The club has not left it too late to redevelop the squad without losing competitiveness.

That the squad needs further development to improve its competitiveness in Europe is also something that we cannot ignore.

The one player I truly worry about replacing is Silva. He's almost unique in his genius. The good news is with that slight frame of his, we should get another 3 or 4 good years out of him before the legs start to go. On recent form, Kompany has been absolutely majestic and if he continues in similar vein he too will be very hard to replace. Ya Ya I think we should address this summer, although I'm not quite as excited by Pogba as everyone else seems to be. I'd be looking for a pacier version of Nasri as well.
I think Neville's right about what he says though, and about the current potential imbalances in the City starting line-up

I am stating the blinking obvious but the very best players are always the hardest to replace but there will be players who won't be clones but will be good enough to take us forward.

The Yaya question will burn on this season and whatever the state of his commitment, he surely is not getting any younger so City will need to plan for life without him before too long. I confess that I am not convinced that Pogba is the answer to that question. For now, I like the idea of getting Barkley, because we have to have some more English players.

I am also convinced that we have to focus on buying more players that have both technique and pace. We need to evolve into a playing a faster game if we are to become the best team in the world.

the average age for our squad is 28++ is not too old for me. when our potential youngsters which currently out on loan back in the 1st team like Rony, Nacho and Zucculini, we'll have average 24, 25 years old squad. i have no concern over this.

If half our team were 33/34 he might have a point but if having an average age of 28 means most of our players are at their peak in footballing terms in terms of age and experience, within plenty of time to plan if and when those players need replacing. I'm happy with that, plus lampard is not a permanent player and di Michelis we already have a ready made replacement the two players who will skew are average age so beyond that I don't see a problem.

Unfortunately it's Neville sh*t stirring as per usual and a certain section of our support lap-up the analysis from a player who has red in his heart. Why that fact doesnt make anything he says or writes with an element of suspicion I don't know.

He's a clever c*nt I'll give him but that doesn't change the fact he's a red and chief mischief maker. He hates blues and a leopard doesn't change it's spots.

Blue Mooner said:
Unfortunately it's Neville sh*t stirring as per usual and a certain section of our support lap-up the analysis from a player who has red in his heart. Why that fact doesnt make anything he says or writes with an element of suspicion I don't know.

He's a clever c*nt I'll give him but that doesn't change the fact he's a red and chief mischief maker. He hates blues and a leopard doesn't change it's spots.
You have an unfortunate habit of questioning the wherewithal of others that do not share your view on a particular subject, not just this one. You seem incapable of accepting how others have come to a different conclusion.

It smacks of hubris, a total lack of objectivity and a pathological absence of empathy.

Rather than hate everything to do with united, perhaps some supporters, who you doubtless consider to be a lesser-form of City fan, are prepared to be fair to someone who, to them, always attempts to comment on our club in an objective way. I disliked him as a player, but believe that as a pundit he's always very fair. That makes me think that he's alright as a person. You may not agree with my opinion on that, but don't assume, as you clearly do, that because of that you're somehow more savvy as to the ways of the world than me, or others who agree with me.

Based on what you have posted it would not matter what Neville said or did, you would treat it with suspicion. So rather than be based on logic or evidence, your view on him is utterly implacable, which is not the sign of a reasoned mind. It is similar to the thought process that creationists indulge in. No evidence will change their mind on the matter because of what it says in a book written thousands of years ago. That is not a healthy way to view the world.

Rather than take snipes at the capacity of other blues to evaluate someone's character, perhaps you should first look at your own ability in that regard.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Blue Mooner said:

You have an unfortunate habit of questioning the wherewithal of others that do not share your view on a particular subject, not just this one. You seem incapable of accepting how others have come to a different conclusion.

It smacks of hubris, a total lack of objectivity and a pathological absence of empathy.

Rather than hate everything to do with united, perhaps some supporters, who you doubtless consider to be a lesser-form of City fan, are prepared to be fair to someone who, to them, always attempts to comment on our club in an objective way. I disliked him as a player, but believe that as a pundit he's always very fair. That makes me think that he's alright as a person. You may not agree with my opinion on that, but don't assume, as you clearly do, that because of that you're somehow more savvy as to the ways of the world than me, or others who agree with me.

Based on what you have posted it would not matter what Neville said or did, you would treat it with suspicion. So rather than be based on logic or evidence, your view on him is utterly implacable, which is not the sign of a reasoned mind. It is similar to the thought process that creationists indulge in. No evidence will change their mind on the matter because of what it says in a book written thousands of years ago. That is not a healthy way to view the world.

Rather than take snipes at the capacity of other blues to evaluate someone's character, perhaps you should first look at your own ability in that regard.

A nice early morning bitchday to you to,gdm. ;)

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Blue Mooner said:

This, with bells on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.